In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

IRS called and they're gonna send the cops.

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
They left a number. Mighty kind of them. 516 303 8289 What's the odds they speak American? I wonder because they used a robotic woman to do the talking.

I should call back with a thick Japo accent and maybe a little slow [:D]. Haa woo? I callring back [:D]. Be odd if they had a fluent Japo speaker there to out me.

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    They called me at work and said they were coming after me. All I gave was the company Info when I answered never did say my name.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send them a bunch of Monopoly Money![:D]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may as well shoot your dog now before they do it for you.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    OMG!!! Will you be O.K.???????[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOCK AND LOAD!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I rike your idea, I berieve that is a Bengalore area code.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just tell them the prince in Africa is transferring one million US dollars to your account on Friday to avoid taxes in his country so take out what they need and forward the rest to him [}:)] of course minus the ten percent handling fee [^][^]
    or your selling the sail boat you won as soon as you pay the five grand shipping and tax charge
  • Irish 8802Irish 8802 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    LOCK AND LOAD!
    "rock and road".
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warbirds
    You may as well shoot your dog now before they do it for you.

Sad but true
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Close, its a New York area code
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I played along with this lady for a while, she was definitely American. I said blah blah that I was scared and please don't ect ect- We could clear this up now with a credit card and 800 hundred dollars-- I then said I feel that I am excited #128522; talking to you and maybe we could like have love together- She hesitated and then stuttered and hung up - lol
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GreatGuns
    The phone numbers displayed are usually "mirrored" and do not originate from that number. The predominant fraud calls are now from Jamaica. When I receive a bogus call I become the most racist, bigoted, evil, mean, confrontational person the caller has or will ever contend with. I really have fun doing it and actually startled my wife one time when she walked in on a call in progress. [:D][}:)][:p]

I am nice and say not interested, if they insist on continueing that is when I get like you, I allways ask how big are your boobs, then tell them my wife won't let me talk to women with big boobs, she has walked in on/heard that conversation so many times now she just shakes her head and sighs when I answer the phone......[:D]
  • XP100XP100 Member Posts: 436 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They called me and said they were sending the cops also. I told them to wait about 20 minutes so I could go and pick up a dozen donuts and some coffee. Never heard another thing,
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to ask the females what color panties they are wearing, the men, I start lisping and asking them for a date. [:X] Usually ends the call pretty quick. [}:)]
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tell them there's no need to get the police involved. let them know that they can just send YOU a money order for what they owe YOU, and you'll forget all about it.

When they say "no, you owe us money". Just say "no, I just finished my audit with you guys yesterday and we've come to the conclusion that I've been overpaying my taxes for years, and you guys owe me $10, 000. Please send me a money order at your earliest convenience"
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually ask if they have any idea which of their mother's customers was their father. If that doesn't get them off the phone I continue to insult their wife, sister, daughter, grandmother & so forth. Makes my wife mad if she overhears me.
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't recognize the number, answer with, "FBI. Agent Harris. This call is being recorded."
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One that called me said he was with the company that made my Windows program. Hmmm, you don't even know what company you work for? So I said, "No you are just another scammer." He laughed, said, "you are right" and hung up. No real need to be rude.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a conversation with one of those idiots once.

Told him if he could just give me a few days I would have more then enough to pay my debt as soon as the money I was promised from a Nigerian Prince comes in. There wa a long pause, and click...[^]

Trinity +++
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    had a friend got a long call from some gal trying to get his cc and bank account number... after a while of verbal jousting he asked her if after a long day of phone calls she liked a round of * sex to relax....after a pause she giggled and said "YES i do"...he got so flustered he just hung up.....
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

Close, its a New York area code

Yep Long Island Area. It's mostly a foreign country now.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got the IRS scam recording call, no live person just the recording. Claims I will be arrested today by the local police if I don't call and send the money I owe.

These recordings are actually a better business model for the scammers as it eliminates anyone with an IQ higher than 50 and saves time bickering with people who will never send them a dime.
    This way when someone calls back even if its one in a thousand, it is a potential victim.

Never call from your phone never send an email or reply to any request for unsubscribe or any reason at all.

Unless you get a live person to play around with never make contact yourself
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck