In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FFL in Lexington, KY or cynthiana, Ky CO_OP

roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I am headed to turkey hunt on April 20, 2011 and Was wondering if any body is in the Lexingtion, Cynthiana, Davis Turkey Foot area of Ky and would mind me shipping my 2 turkey shotguns to you. I am flying commercial to Cinci ohio and want to just 'carry on' Anybody want to help a GB Bro out? My buddy has a couple of 12 GA lined up but I would love to have my Parkerized 11-87 .Come and hunt with us the 20th to the 24.. Lunch at the place of your choice is on me with this. The "Roswellnative" Chipper
Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.

Comments

• roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Or is anybody driving up 75 from atlanta to Lex ??? on 75? I can bring the shotguns back I just had such issues last time i flew. Last time I declared two shotguns and the gate agent put them in the name of the person in front of me.. wow try to explain at another gate why you want the guns of another flyer... does anybody know where Davis Turkey foot is near Cynthiana, KY?
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • dipitsdipits Member Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look up member jjmitchel .
    He may be abel to help you .
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC, you can ship them to yourself "in care of" where ever your staying..
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    IIRC, you can ship them to yourself "in care of" where ever your staying..what he said[:D][;)]
    Don
    edited November -1
    Don

I can ship modern shotguns to a residence in another state? My host doesn't have a FFL?
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by roswellnative
    Don

I can ship modern shotguns to a residence in another state? My host doesn't have a FFL?

You ship it to yourself, "in care of" your host.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#shipping-firearms-additional
    quote:Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm.

Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I will post pics of the hunt!