In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Had the Camaro on the dyno today Numbers...

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Needed a tune,was running rough and had some stumble on acceleration. Not an issue now.

100_1168_zpscsa3ky17.jpg

Comments

• KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like those fourth gen Camaros...what final numbers did it pull?
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    useless without the numbers, and dont add any [8D]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    That a GM product????

Cool!!!! [8D][8D][8D][8D]
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is that dark spot on the underside of the hood where the air cleaner's been rubbing?[:D]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    Is that dark spot on the underside of the hood where the air cleaner's been rubbing?[:D]

$23,100

Hehe...
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well let's see the dyno run.

Where's the graph?
  • use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    useless without numbers.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know it never gets much attention or praise...

But the 6 cylinder power plant for this gen of camaro is a sweet little engine that runs forever if taken care of...

I have a friend who has 2 six cylinder models - one with a small / modest supercharger on it.

The one with the supercharger gets great gas mileage and has a surprising performance envelope when you get on it.

Did this six get used much in other vehicles???

What can you tell us about it - if anything???

Mike
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not quite the same results but very close. A ton of variables on dynos.

Here is a list of the GMMG setups per cars 2000-2002. There were not a lot of Phase 2 -Phase 5 cars built out of the 500 or so cars GMMG built. But remember on a standard LS V8 SS was 325 HP. The Dale Jr. Prototype is 525 HP. She runs pretty healthy for a 3400# car.

Phase I 380HP All the boltons, 3:73 rear standard, ASP Pulley, Whisper CF Lid, 180 Thermo, CNC ported Manifolds, Chambered Catback, Whistper MAF ends,

Phase 1X 425HP (370 RWHP) All of the phase 1 stuff PLUS Dynatech 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers

Phase II 435HP (380 RWHP) All of the phase 1 stuff PLUS 224/224 Camshaft, Ported TB, CYL Heads Milled for Compression, 918 Valvesprings, Headers either TTS or Dynatech at this time, Spark plug change, 4:10 gears, ALL PHASE II 435 Cars were built/tuned by a William L. aka Billy

Phase IIX 475HP (430 RWHP) The difference in this setup was Bigger Camshaft and 5.3L Heads done by TEA and hand polished by Brian Tooley. I did experiment with Camshafts so there is really no telling what you have but more than likely its either a 228/230 or a 230/232. The heads were then Fully CNC ported with larger valves and upgraded springs, Heads Milled 30, some later P2X cars started to get Kooks headers Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan

Phase IIX6 500HP (440-450 RWHP) Same as above Except the use of TEA LS6 Heads. Increase in power about 10-15 RWHP Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan

******Now ZL1 cars did have LS6 heads but they are not PHASE IIX6 cars. They are Phase II cars built by Billy with LS6 heads. They do not have CNC work or hand blending but are milled. He did change the Camshaft from the 224 to slightly larger Duration.

Phase IIX6R 525HP (450-475 RWHP) Same as IIX6 but the Pistons were Flycut to allow for the biggest Camshaft Possible, The Heads have even more attention since we flowed so many sets these were the top 10% of the Phase IIX6 heads, Best of the best at the time, Upgraded Timing Chain This was a $1000 option through GMMG Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan

Phase III (500 RWHP avg.) C5R 427 CI, JE Pistons, Oliver Rods (the good ones), Callies Crank, Camshafts were selected and installed by Robert Racing, the heads were also CNC by Roberts Racing, If cars did not make the power I was incharge of changing the Camshaft or setting the proper degrees Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan

Phase IIIX (525-540RWHP) When I reworked the Phase II package after the ZL1 project I also reworked the Phase III package and took over this from Robert Racing. This is how the Phase IIIX package came to be. I took over CYL Heads and we started to use our own. Not only were they cheaper they were better. I also did all the Camshaft selection. Instead of a one size fits all I would select the Camshaft for the application. Auto or 6 spd. Gear and Driver if we knew them at all. I did alot of testing here with different stuff.

Phase IV 427 C5R SOLID ROLLER (600+++RWHP 7000+++RPMS) Only built one Grumpys Toy. My own car ZL1 #69 Complete SR Valvetrain and Heads, Custom Made Wilson Sheetmetal Intake, Different Inj and fuel pump setup. 69 cars built.

Phase V 454/455 Rated 680HP (550-600+++ RWHP) Different Bore and Stroke to achieve 454/455 CI, These were more one off but I did do a handfull of them. Maybe 8 total. Camshafts were BIGGER all Custom (no 2 alike), 90MM TB and some even got FAST 90MM Intakes or Wilson Intakes were opened up to accpet 90MM, Heads were either AFR or Trickflow, AFR on the Older then moving to Trickflow, Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    So, S-F, You work in a big speed shop or for GM? Nice to have a Dyno handy! Sounds like a dream job for any Motorhead! No wonder You have interesting cars!
  • PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No graphs...meh.
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of chicken droppings post is this?

You've been the recipient of internet abuse on GD for a number of years now. I figured it was just 3rd grade mentalities mixed with some envy, but then you posted this crap.

The straw that broke my 'back'?

Post YOUR dyno results, ya big dummy!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    So, S-F, You work in a big speed shop or for GM? Nice to have a Dyno handy! Sounds like a dream job for any Motorhead! No wonder You have interesting cars!

Not Quite. Interesting I posted I had a 525HP Camaro and some folks cannot read the results of the engine when they were built.
    edited November -1
    Perhaps you should get Flying Clay Disk to write your stories.

Where, ANYWHERE, on this thread did you post you had a 525HP Camaro? (except in your last thread)

quote:Not quite the same results but very close. A ton of variables on dynos.

Here is a list of the GMMG setups per cars 2000-2002. There were not a lot of Phase 2 -Phase 5 cars built out of the 500 or so cars GMMG built. But remember on a standard LS V8 SS was 325 HP. The Dale Jr. Prototype is 525 HP. She runs pretty healthy for a 3400# car.

quote:Originally posted by select-fire

Not Quite. Interesting I posted I had a 525HP Camaro and some folks cannot read the results of the engine when they were built.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1

i read very well the posting of the various types of hp available in camaros , but they where not on the dyno, yours was

never has factory specs matched up to every single car, it would be customary to post the actual results from that very car that very day
  • PacManPacMan Member Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...ahhhh...plagiarized dyno pull. Thanks for the clarity...

http://forums.gmmgregistry.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1370&start=0

...poser.
    edited November -1
    Well I reckon the 95 Callaway Camaro doesn't count either from the Callaway folks when they ran it on the dyno. I have them results too... Both cars the Dale Jr. and Callaway have similar torque curves... However the Callaway has 4.11 Rear gears whereas the Dale Jr. has top end. Running 65/70 down the Interstate in the Dale Jr. is interesting.. you are in 3rd gear lugging along...[:)][:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PacMan
    ...ahhhh...plagiarized dyno pull. Thanks for the clarity...

http://forums.gmmgregistry.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1370&start=0

...poser.

I have 3 GMMG Camaros...[:D]
    edited November -1
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100_0749_zps3xvobhy1.jpg

I had Hemi badges on the side of my 67 Sport Fury.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Sheet. I've got Hemi badges on my ice chest
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

Sheet. I've got Hemi badges on my ice chest

Yeah but you don't have a GMMG gold badge with a serial number with rivets on the pillar post. [:D]
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    100_0749_zps3xvobhy1.jpg
    Was this the one you shot with your negligent discharge?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    100_0749_zps3xvobhy1.jpg

Sorry... Rick Hendricks personal body shop took care of me to do the nice restoration on her. Pretty nice for provenance for a car eh?
    edited November -1

Yeah but you don't have a GMMG gold badge with a serial number with rivets on the pillar post. [:D]

You are quite correct. However, I have no need for a GMMG badge, gold or otherwise.

I do have a badge similar to this one on one of my bikes. I'm willing to bet you don't have one.

V1DBjsm.jpg
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    100_0749_zps3xvobhy1.jpg

Sorry... Rick Hendricks personal body shop took care of me to do the nice restoration on her. Pretty nice for provenance for a car eh?
    Sooo... yes?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Not much of a motor head myself, but that is a nice looking car.

Peace

Dan
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    Not much of a motor head myself, but that is a nice looking car.

Peace

Dan

Pretty cool having a factory GM car with a roll bar.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx

You are quite correct. However, I have no need for a GMMG badge, gold or otherwise.

I do have a badge similar to this one on one of my bikes. I'm willing to bet you don't have one.

V1DBjsm.jpg

I stick with 4 wheels. No use for a bike
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    100_0749_zps3xvobhy1.jpg

Sooo... yes?

That is a very good question.
    That is a question that deserves an answer.
    Let move on to the next question.
    edited November -1
    In case some of y'all missed it in the above post.. Has Wiseco Pistons, Big Cam, Alum Flywheel.

Phase IIX6R 525HP (450-475 RWHP) Same as IIX6 but the Pistons were Flycut to allow for the biggest Camshaft Possible, The Heads have even more attention since we flowed so many sets these were the top 10% of the Phase IIX6 heads, Best of the best at the time, Upgraded Timing Chain This was a $1000 option through GMMG Built/Tuned by Mike Carnahan