In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New law

grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Politics
Guess what,in Virginia there is a new law for Farmers.The huge round bales you see in the fields are going to be outlawed!Soon only the square bales are the only ones the Farmers can feed their cattle.The round bales are to be set on fire or buried!And i know everyone,s wondering why? Nutritianists have discovered with round bales the cattle are not getting a square meal.LOL

Comments

• grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone heard of a law that was passed (by Obama administration) or in the process of passing, that the government will get 3.5% of the money you made off of your house if you sell it.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    That's one of the hidden taxes buried in the Obamacare Bill. This should really help sluggish home sales. [B)]

"Starting in 2013, not only will you pay the closing costs and real estate fee when you sell your house but now you will pay a 3.8% Sales Tax. So, if you sell your home for $400,000, perhaps wanting to down size if you are a senior, you will pay $15,200 in Tax."

The entire article is here: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/27634
  • grandmangrandman Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let me guess were the money goes?????? His slush fund?
  • cactuspete1cactuspete1 Member Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There has been a tax on profits from real estate sales in place for generations now. it is nothing new.
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have decided that if I can't beat 'em , I going to join 'em. From now on I believe that "he" is going to go down in history as the greatest President of all times. He ended the war, ended the recession,
    gave health care to all the people {not just legal citizens},saved the failing car companies, fixed all the banking and wall street problems.
    Now my only question is, Should I blow my brains out with the .40SW
    hydra-shocks, or use the .45 with hardballs????? Bob[?]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cactuspete1
    There has been a tax on profits from real estate sales in place for generations now. it is nothing new.

A tax on profits Is a lot different than tax on the SALE PRICE. A $400,000 sale may only get you $10,000 in profit.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You're thinking of Capital Gains Tax. This a Sales Tax.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Sales tax is paid by the buyer.. Is it a sales tax or a Sellers Tax?
    Closing fees and realestate fees are normal.
  • Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    I have decided that if I can't beat 'em , I going to join 'em. From now on I believe that "he" is going to go down in history as the greatest President of all times. He ended the war, ended the recession,
    gave health care to all the people {not just legal citizens},saved the failing car companies, fixed all the banking and wall street problems.

Go with the hydra-shock ---- they are nice and shiny -- as opposed to those dull gray hardballs[|)]
  • drl50drl50 Member Posts: 2,496
    edited November -1
    Starting in 2013 there will be an additional 3.8% tax on the PROFIT in excess of $250,000 made from the real estate sale for individuals earning more than $200,000 or couples with a combined income of $250,000 or more.It will be considered a "payroll medicare tax".It is not a tax levied to everyone on the sales price of their property and the first $250,000 of profit is exempt from the tax.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlewaterfronthomes/archives/215458.asp
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99

You're thinking of Capital Gains Tax. This a Sales Tax.

You're going to confuse him.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Reaper1862Reaper1862 Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This web site has nothing to do with the Canadian Free Press it is hosted in Florida, operated by a republican think tank and if you read the REAL health care bill there is nothing in it about any of this. Check the label, read the ingredients.
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cornflk1
    quote:Originally posted by babun

Go with the hydra-shock ---- they are nice and shiny -- as opposed to those dull gray hardballs[|)]

Dull Grey? You must be thinking of hard lead, NOT Hardball, It is OK just a rookie mistake.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the recommendations. But I now realize, that would just foster "bad press" for you gun type people. Do you think $17,000 is too much to pay for a frontal lobotomy? Bob {the guy just staring into space}
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    Sales tax is paid by the buyer.. Is it a sales tax or a Sellers Tax?
    Closing fees and realestate fees are normal.

True Larry, I guess it is a sellers tax.