GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Competition Shooting and Reloading
 Need some help ,,,,,,,UPDATE,,,Range Report !!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sandwarrior
Advanced Member

USA
5552 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  09:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool forge! I hope it'll be a tack driver too!

I'm still scratching my head as to why they cut the chamber so you had to trim so much though.

I wonder if it was someones idea to make better use of this case in a short action? Then just used that reamer on this rifle.?

BTW, forgot to mention I'm jealous of that rifle as it is a 1936 Mexican action.

Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.
Go to Top of Page

forgemonkey
Advanced Member

USA
19501 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  09:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandwarrior

I'm still scratching my head as to why they cut the chamber so you had to trim so much though.

I wonder if it was someones idea to make better use of this case in a short action? Then just used that reamer on this rifle.?

BTW, forgot to mention I'm jealous of that rifle as it is a 1936 Mexican action.

Do you really wanna know the (ironic) sad part,,,,,,

I contacted the 'Estate Liquidator' and he informed me there were 'dies and brass' on the same table as the rifle(confirmed by my friend the buyer). And friend paid no attention, as he doesn't reload. And they did sell to an unknown buyer.

The family member responsible for disposal of the estate lives in Florida and had no interest in firearms and can't be contacted per contract with the 'liquidator' ,,,,,,,,,sure could've saved me a lot of time and effort,,,,,,,,

Edited by - forgemonkey on 02/26/2018 09:35:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

iceracerx
Advanced Member

USA
8844 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  4:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by forgemonkey

quote:
Originally posted by sandwarrior

Do you really wanna know the (ironic) sad part,,,,,,

I contacted the 'Estate Liquidator' and he informed me there were 'dies and brass' on the same table as the rifle(confirmed by my friend the buyer). And friend paid no attention, as he doesn't reload. And they did sell to an unknown buyer.

The family member responsible for disposal of the estate lives in Florida and had no interest in firearms and can't be contacted per contract with the 'liquidator' ,,,,,,,,,sure could've saved me a lot of time and effort,,,,,,,,

Sad scratches the surface. One of my grumbles of a well known 'seller' on the Auction side is that they break apart rifle/scope comps and offer the items separately. While I can understand that on a Remington BDL/Tasco combo, I can't on some of the older and rare setups. I suspect that any reloading components would go down the same path.

Go to Top of Page

forgemonkey
Advanced Member

USA
19501 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  4:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Range Report Update,,,,,,,

Loaded a couple of rounds and couldn't wait to exercise this ol' gal ,,,,,,,,put the old Redfield scope on and headed to the range.

Starting to think with some good bullets, different powder??, and younger eyes it might become a shooter,,,,,,,

Gonna miss the ol' wench when the owner shows up ,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by - forgemonkey on 02/28/2018 4:59:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5789 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  8:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it will be a nice shooting rifle after the barrel is broken in and the correct load is found.
Go to Top of Page

sandwarrior
Advanced Member

USA
5552 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  10:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by forgemonkey

Range Report Update,,,,,,,

Loaded a couple of rounds and couldn't wait to exercise this ol' gal ,,,,,,,,put the old Redfield scope on and headed to the range.

Starting to think with some good bullets, different powder??, and younger eyes it might become a shooter,,,,,,,

Gonna miss the ol' wench when the owner shows up ,,,,,,,,,,,

for 200 yds. and the first time out that is not bad at all.

Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.
Go to Top of Page

forgemonkey
Advanced Member

USA
19501 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  10:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yeah, Todd,,,,,,,the old scope is pretty dim,,,,,,,I'd like to try with a better one and work up some accuracy loads.

The owner says I can use the rifle anytime,,,,,,,,,,think I'll complain 'bout the glass and shame him into buying another. ,,,,,,,,,,
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page