GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 Should civilians own AR-15's?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Waco Waltz
Advanced Member

USA
12293 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  05:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vote in the poll

http://wkrn.com/2018/02/19/poll-do-you-support-the-sale-of-military-style-rifles-to-the-public/

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
George Orwell, 1984

casper1947

USA
1158 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  10:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good straight forward poll, one question.
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  2:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Going well ........ about 90% for and only 10% democrats against.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  3:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by us55840

Going well ........ about 90% for and only 10% democrats against.

Which means nothing if and when the Feds decide to restrict gun rights.Just look at legalized abortion and Marriage rights between same-sex couples instead of civil unions. They get what they want regardless of the majority votes is against it, Wake Up!

The government is an oligarchical republic and not a Democracy but a so-called transhumanist utopia guided by Liberals and Leftist communist. Thank The Supreme Court for it.Nine justices from Hell!

serf

Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36196 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  4:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
score it ...now many supreme court justices are real AMERICANS
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2018 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

score it ...now many supreme court justices are real AMERICANS

That is the see-saw actions they use to make you think they are impartial.The Justice Scales are never considered when your an unborn child waiting to defend your right to life.
Yet the citizens take it willing and forget the travesty of lawmaking and enforcement and forget the crimes they deem as justice.

Fetal viability or foetal viability is just law jargon words that play on living souls and The Nazi's never dream of in their wildest dreams of this kind of evil domination!

Utterly a demonic home run for Trans-humanist. Next will be unisex test tube babies no doubt. No males or females just clones.

serf
Pro-Abortion Feminist leader Gloria Steinem has written:

"Hitler himself, and the Nazi doctrine he created, were unequivocally opposed to any individual right to abortion." (Ms., Oct. 1980)

Edited by - serf on 02/20/2018 4:30:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

10773 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  01:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankly I have to say I saw this coming 50 years ago. I thought it was a mistake to release the M=1 carbines to the public & I have been surprised there haven't been any problems with them.
Then came the SKSs & the AK=47s. Now we have all the nut cases using the AR-15s.
Now we have to worry about the slippery slope if we try to ban any. It would have been much better to have never gone down this road to begin with. Can anyone say it didn't have to end badly & make us worse off than if these types of weapons had not be released to begin with?
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  01:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oddly, you can make a Ruger 10/22 look very much like an evil black military weapon ... but it's still just a .22.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Go to Top of Page

Waco Waltz
Advanced Member

USA
12293 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2018 :  06:35:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gruntled

Frankly I have to say I saw this coming 50 years ago. I thought it was a mistake to release the M=1 carbines to the public & I have been surprised there haven't been any problems with them.
Then came the SKSs & the AK=47s. Now we have all the nut cases using the AR-15s.
Now we have to worry about the slippery slope if we try to ban any. It would have been much better to have never gone down this road to begin with. Can anyone say it didn't have to end badly & make us worse off than if these types of weapons had not be released to begin with?

As per Cooper's book the Secret Government, the plan was to flood the nation with these guns. My view is the government has purposely avoided banning them all because they have a depopulation agenda and the weapons will play a part. Also they use the gun issue to keep us decided and at each other's throats.

After the war, they will just be banned without fanfare as the United Stares won't exist anymore. Survivors will remember the horrors, no one will oppose it

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
George Orwell, 1984
Go to Top of Page

Mobuck
Advanced Member

11006 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  08:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as "Joe the plumber" can own a car that is capable of 100mph, I'll damn sure demand to own a firearm that is capable of firing 100 rounds per minute(or more).

Mobuck<BR>
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  09:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Waco Waltz

Vote in the poll

http://wkrn.com/2018/02/19/poll-do-you-support-the-sale-of-military-style-rifles-to-the-public/

The poll means nothing unless the results are released and publicized to all by the media.

Of course, unless the majority supports their stance, it has no impact what-so-ever.

Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

Arby

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2018 :  10:51:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An assault rifle is a rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge, a detachable magazine, and can switch between semiautomatic/fully automatic fire. Despite popular belief the AR-15 is not an assault rifle....it may look "evil" to some, but it can't kill anything by it's self

The AR-15 is just a semi-auto rifle and the teenagers marching around calling for it to be banned is disingenuous. 11 teenagers die everyday while texting and driving...that is 330 teen deaths every month. Using their logic then it seem s proper to ban cell phones or at least set ownership at age 21.

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat; chutzpah is taking the tartar sauce with you! ""
Go to Top of Page

nunn
Administrator

USA
38002 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Survey isn't there.

GunBroker.com Moderator

The Largest Auction Gun Store Online including Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles

Retired Texas Peace Officer/FFL Dealer

Email [email protected]

My GunBroker auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=3012

Go to Top of Page

11b6r
Advanced Member

USA
16438 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  8:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Survey not up any more. Question was "Do you support the sale of military style firearms?"

Oh- you mean like the CMP selling M1 Garands?
Since THAT is a military style firearm.

The AR15 is not.

"Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine."
Go to Top of Page

Rack Ops
Advanced Member

USA
21606 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2018 :  8:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I dont believe cops need AR-15s.
Go to Top of Page

Missouri Mule K30

USA
1877 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  7:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main problem is that everyone wants a sanitized , Unicorn style world. GET A GRIP ON YOUR WEAPON AND STAND READY!

It simply amazes me that a country that was taken by hostile means has the BALLS to say that now just go sit in your chair and have a nice cool drink.

WOW, I cannot believe that we are even considering having to bow down to such tyranny.

If we now live on a continent that will never see another civil uprising, then and only then would I even consider to disarm. NOT!

Fortunately I live in a State that has preserved my Rights Under the Constitution.

A State such as California that has had civil unrest in a complete takeover of a city, la la land, their would be no way anyone would take my Weapon unless I am no longer breathing.

That is why I will never live in a place, situation to where I could not send my family for a gallon of milk.

As for ferguson Missouri, or any of the many civil uprisings, governor n ixon was duly sworn to protect the citizens of the Great State of Missouri and failed to do so even though he was prepared for a confrontation. SHAME

Until they build enough zoos to keep felons for sentence, until they can contain mobs and place them on a continent to where they can live with other animals of the same, then to be Armed with an adequate defense is the only answer.

They will go after the ammunition next, be ready.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36196 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2018 :  08:06:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i stand by my right to own a 22lr single shot assault rifle..so there STUPID
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page