GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 NRA Members should be PUNISHED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  08:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that is what it looks like folks from Enterprise Holdings think.
http://www.businessinsider.com/nra-members-wont-get-any-more-enterprise-rental-car-discounts-2018-2
They have to get my business before they can "take away" my "discount"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETeuhelQCdE

wifetrained

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  12:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, They won't get my business anymore.
Go to Top of Page

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  4:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can now add these to your list..

http://www.kmov.com/story/37582606/delta-and-united-join-list-of-companies-to-cut-ties-with-the-nra

Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  6:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder how many NRA members ACTUALLY used the discounts ??

I've been a NRA member for decades and never used a one...nor from various credit card companies or other 'associations.'

Tu remember who gives what 'discount', one would need a 35 pound book to research them so know to ask for the discount 'cause they won't aks or tell you.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

Edited by - us55840 on 02/24/2018 8:13:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  9:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by us55840

I've been a NRA member for decades and never used a one...nor from various credit card companies or other 'associations.'

Tu remember who gives what 'discount', one would need a 35 pound book to research them so know to ask for the discount 'cause they won't aks or tell you.

Yeah your probably right who cares if they try and punish you for being a member of an organization designed to protect your rights. For that matter who cares if they lie to the whole country to get your guns taken away? Who cares about the Constitution anyway? It just some old outdated piece of paper anyway, right?

Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2018 :  12:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Maybe some here will catch on That Giant Corporations are our problem here in America with Lobbyist and Super-Pacs controlling our elections!

But I am not holding my breath for money has a stronghold on the election process and probably means Gun control will be creeping into it & start the final battle for gun confiscation in the next few years.

They must get total surveillance data mining capture on all facets of the citizen's activities first to nip in the bud any rebellious activity.

Bet on it!

Just think if Hillary Clinton had won it with both Houses of Congress! Wake up! This could happen the election cycle in 2020 with a liberal Democrats and win it too!

Hell, they have a lot liberal federal judges in the shadows all ready to act! All they need is the majority of votes to pull it off!

serf

Edited by - serf on 02/25/2018 2:24:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25716 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2018 :  4:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Pandering"..at the highest level!
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2018 :  6:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simongirty

quote:

Yeah your probably right who cares if they try and punish you for being a member of an organization designed to protect your rights. For that matter who cares if they lie to the whole country to get your guns taken away? Who cares about the Constitution anyway? It just some old outdated piece of paper anyway, right?

As a veteran, there are lots of places that give 'veterans discounts' and even free meals on veterans day.

I've never partaken of such either....so the NRA discounts being available or not, means nothing to me.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

Go to Top of Page

Waco Waltz
Advanced Member

USA
12293 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  01:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/delta-tax-break-may-not-take-flight-after-georgia-senate-blocks/C65RcCN2hiMHs7KAuudmyH/

“There was truth and there was untruth, and if you clung to the truth even against the whole world, you were not mad.”
George Orwell, 1984
Go to Top of Page

Tech141
Advanced Member

USA
4536 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  09:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't get it. How is removing a discount "Punishing" anyone?

Heavy Metal Cowboy
Go to Top of Page

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2018 :  11:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tech141

Yeah you are probably right. This has NOTHING to do with current events. They just decided out of the blue to stop a program they had been promoting for sometime now. If you really have to be given an explanation of this whole issue then any explanation will never suffice for you. It is really plain to see and I have learned a long time ago how this works. Have a great day.

Go to Top of Page

Tech141
Advanced Member

USA
4536 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah you are probably right. This has NOTHING to do with current events. They just decided out of the blue to stop a program they had been promoting for sometime now. If you really have to be given an explanation of this whole issue then any explanation will never suffice for you. It is really plain to see and I have learned a long time ago how this works. Have a great day.

Oh, I understand the 'current events' spin, no problem. I just don't get the 'punishment' angle. "Punishment" implies a negative repercussion. Paying the same as everyone else (no discount) isn't a punishment, in my opinion. But then again, I'm not someone who walks into a place and expects to get special treatment because I belong to a certain organization.

Heavy Metal Cowboy
Go to Top of Page

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2018 :  6:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh, I understand the 'current events' spin, no problem. I just don't get the 'punishment' angle. "Punishment" implies a negative repercussion. Paying the same as everyone else (no discount) isn't a punishment, in my opinion. But then again, I'm not someone who walks into a place and expects to get special treatment because I belong to a certain organization.

Well giving someone a discount then "taking it away" can be construed as a form of punishment to some.Kind of like how prisons "allow" inmates to earn "privileges" then if and when they do not follow the "rules" they "take them away". That is considered "punishment" by some. I don't think anyone "expected" to get "special treatment" till someone offered it. I highly doubt anyone forced this company to give "special treatment" to anyone. They made the offer and when this recent event arose they decided to "take the offer away". Hence the perception of "punishment".

Go to Top of Page

Tech141
Advanced Member

USA
4536 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2018 :  08:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't 'perceive' it as punishment. But then again, I don't get up in the morning, and ask myslef "How can I be upset/offended today" either.

Heavy Metal Cowboy
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2018 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well giving someone a discount then "taking it away" can be construed as a form of punishment to some.Kind of like how prisons "allow" inmates to earn "privileges" then if and when they do not follow the "rules" they "take them away". That is considered "punishment" by some. I don't think anyone "expected" to get "special treatment" till someone offered it. I highly doubt anyone forced this company to give "special treatment" to anyone. They made the offer and when this recent event arose they decided to "take the offer away". Hence the perception of "punishment".

Unlike some who are, apparently, familiar with "prison operations", I don't see your perspective of punishment...like working for a company for xx $ per hour and then get fired due to lack of business is not considered 'punishment' IMO.

The purpose of giving 'discounts' is to suck members of organizations to utilize their services or buy their product.....when, most likely, those very same individuals would use the service/product anyway if they had a need.

Any business that has to "pay" to get business is thinking out their butt IMO.

Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

guntech59
Advanced Member

New Caledonia
21605 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2018 :  08:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not that they are taking something away.....they at just not giving it anymore.

To say they are taking it away would mean it was yours to begun with.

It is entirely their business how they run their business, and entirely mine if I decide to use them.....or not.

US Army (Ret.)
1977-1998

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” — Jefferson`s “Commonplace Book,”

“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.”- Heraclitus.
Go to Top of Page

simongirty

69 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2018 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Unlike some who are, apparently, familiar with "prison operations", I don't see your perspective of punishment...like working for a company for xx $ per hour and then get fired due to lack of business is not considered 'punishment' IMO.

The purpose of giving 'discounts' is to suck members of organizations to utilize their services or buy their product.....when, most likely, those very same individuals would use the service/product anyway if they had a need.

Any business that has to "pay" to get business is thinking out their butt IMO.

There are millions of hard working officers who serve their communities everyday going to work in correctional facilities who are "familiar" with the procedures they employ.Is there anything wrong with that? Is there anything wrong with these fine hard working men and women? What does that have to do with the topic of companies projecting the notion that because you are a member of an organization they can punish you by re sending their offers right after an incident like that which occurred in Florida. People can bury their heads in the sand and deny what is going on all they want but that does not stop the fact that this company and others are currently openly promoting the fact that they are punishing anyone who does not agree with them. If it does not bother you as a gun owner and citizen go right on giving them your business. Others have a right to this information. BTW business "pay" to get customers business in many ways. Some via a high standard of service others via "rewards" so don't foll yourself into "thinking" they don't.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page