GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Politics
 Comfort dogs as school in Florida
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  09:09:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

In my opinion, using a "comfort dog" or other animal or object as some sort of crutch to make you feel better is just B.S. by the shrinks but if that is the case..................

my 'comfort object' is a semi automatic firearm with a large capacity magazine.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

wifetrained

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  8:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember after the election and all the brain dead wussies needed hot chocolate, safe rooms, grief counseling, and comfort animals to pet. And when that wasn't enough a lot of them hooded up, put masks on and went on a rampage destroying property and injuring others.

These morons are the future of our country..........god help us!
Go to Top of Page

Mobuck
Advanced Member

11006 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2018 :  07:08:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Comfort animals and such things are the result of pampered generations growing up w/o learning to accept grief, deal with it, and move one. Generations of metro-nerds who have never had to deal with blood, guts, gore, and death like those farm kids who see and experience life and death daily.
For instance:when I was 12 or 13 Mom and I drove onto the scene of a vehicle accident. Back then you didn't have the option to call 911. The man had a broken arm and the woman had a serious head injury that was bleeding like crazy (as such injuries usually do). Mom loaded them up in our car with me in the back seat holding a folded towel tightly on the head wound. When we got to the hospital, I went directly into the treatment room still holding that now blood soaked pad in place and stayed until the Dr was ready to deal with the bleeder. Nothing much was said about the incident at home except Mom was miffed about the blood stained car seat and my clothes. Maybe a week later, we got a thank you card with a $20 bill(quite a bit of money back then) to clean up the car and replace my clothes.
No "comfort animal" was required although I did become somewhat callous toward injuries that don't have spurting arterial blood or dangling/protruding broken bones.

Mobuck<BR>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page