GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 American Arms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36205 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  1:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a AA PK22 with an 8rd magazine and a CX22 also is shown with an 8rd magazine but the foot piece or bottom is shaped a little different ...both have the finger extension but the PK bottom piece is smooth sided and the CX is hollow sided..both have the bottom rear latch...any idea if the Cx would fit the PK...other AA in 22lr have 7rd different shaped no fit ....THANX

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  2:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried checking Triple K, and other various on-line sources. A number of folks, are in the same boat as you unfortunately. Looking for PK 22 magazines. Triple K has CX 22 mags. But if they also fitted PK 22's, they would have noted on their site. They don't.

American Arms was in a business relationship, with the Erma firearms Co. of Germany. A lot of the guns AA sold, were virtually identical except for markings/cosmetics.

I believe the Erma EP-452, is the same as the PK 22 sold by AA. You might be able to luck out, and and find one of these? It seems strange, but the Magazines AA sold with their guns. Were marked with Erma's designations. My AA P 38 clone, in 22 LR, has a Erma magazine marked EP 882.

Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36205 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  6:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep just bought two EP452..have 4 PK22 , one NIB and want extra mag for all..my bad ...sat for years on this till i woke up and realized they were a scarce item......like to put a PK and a CX mag side by side and see if it is possible, maybe with a little work on the CX bottom ?? ...have had all the AA 22's and still have an erma werke artillery model 22lr in primo condition....prices have gone way up on them
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2018 :  8:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

yep just bought two EP452..have 4 PK22 , one NIB and want extra mag for all..my bad ...sat for years on this till i woke up and realized they were a scarce item......like to put a PK and a CX mag side by side and see if it is possible, maybe with a little work on the CX bottom ?? ...have had all the AA 22's and still have an erma werke artillery model 22lr in primo condition....prices have gone way up on them

I had 2 of the mid 60's vintage. Erma Luger replicas, one had a long barrel. Erma called it the "Navy Model", the other was the standard, 4" barrel model. Both self destructed, when I was shooting them. Really bummed me out, on Erma's guns. German engineering, my butt. No business using Zamak die castings, on parts. That were exposed to impact and abrasion. Their Luger replicas would have been descent, if they used steel instead Zinc potmetal castings.

The P 38 replica is a lot better quality, engineering wise. Even though both the slide and frame, are still Zamak castings. Was scared to use hot 22's shooting it. But it worked OK with CCI standard velocity ammo. I shot 200+ rounds, without any problems. Didn't want to push my luck. Just don't have a lot of faith, in guns made of potmetal castings.

Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36205 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  11:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i only use Aquila supmax hivel 1750fps in the steel guns...have found some solid point available now but no HP....last i got was a 10K order before they went off market..prefer cci minimags in the alloy pistols
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2018 :  12:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

i only use Aquila supmax hivel 1750fps in the steel guns...have found some solid point available now but no HP....last i got was a 10K order before they went off market..prefer cci minimags in the alloy pistols

To each his own. Wouldn't be using a steady diet of Minimags, in any aluminum framed pistol. The only pistols I use the real hot .22 ammo in. Is the ones that won't function with standard or high velocity ammo.

I'll start shooting with CCI standard velocity solids. If the pistol won't function reliability, go to Federal Auto Match. Than Remington Golden Bullets, as the last resort. If it still won't work, I repurpose it as target, along with my used soda pop cans.

The worse one in this respect, that I own. Is a very early production Advantage Arms conversion for the Glock G 17. It will only work with Remington Golden bullets, or other mega velocity .22's.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page