GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Are we still winning?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
11843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  6:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-doj-reclassifies-bump-fire-stocks-machine-guns/

I say hell no. Barely a year in and by fiat gun control is implemented. You might not need or want or even like bumpstocks but this kind of gun control is a dangerous game. Trump also praised the new Florida gun control that Gov Scott signed. So I ask yet again are you guys who praised Trump as some super supporter of the 2nd Amendment are you still giving your support to this pos or are you going to wait to finally wake up and see him for what he is. We must have a POTUS who stands for the Constitution. Hope actually get one in 2020. IMO he is going to lose a bunch of supporters over this. Today he or some other pos politicians ban bumpstocks by fiat and tomorrow it will be your highly accurate hunting rifles because well they are just too dangerous because you can kill people from 1000 yards out.

Edited by - ruger41 on 03/10/2018 6:48:51 PM

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have repeatedly shown where you stand on POTUS Trump Ruger41. (Most of us here, do not care.)

I am still solidly behind POTUS Trump.

Would you prefer Hillary in office? One of the other Rhino establishment losers? Not me, and apparently not enough of us to have elected anyone other than Trump, who is currently serving.

Get over it.

Whine on.

Counter (whiner) post expected and anticipated. Bring it.

I'm sure your little Buddy, GreatGuns will be along shortly.

Edited by - 84Bravo1 on 03/10/2018 7:11:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
34234 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Irrespective of whether one likes Trump or not,...banning bumpstocks (especially this way) is still an infringement of our rights.

This blows, just like Rick Scott.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7767 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are still winning. Since blaming Trump for the bump stock debacle is ludicrous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

14270 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have very low expectations for Trump. I still think we are better of than with the harridan in chief in power. I don't believe Trump is a conservative at heart but rather one of expediency so when he fails to staunchly defend conservative positions I can hardly claim to be surprised. It does make me sad to have to bear witness to the seemingly endless parade of marching morons as they destroy what is precious about this country.

The combination of the lack of proper education for several generations now, coupled with the the power of the leftist media, may have all ready hamstrung the nation. I hope we haven't crossed the tipping point yet , but if we haven't it is getting closer.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer

Edited by - skicat on 03/10/2018 7:24:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46332 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm certainly going to back him over the democratic alternatives, all of whom are my eternal enemies.

What's next

Some favorite quotes:

"No other proof, however, is needed than the undeniable fact that at any period of the war from its beginning to near its close the South could have saved slavery by simply laying down its arms and returning to the Union."
--- Major General John B. Gordon, from his book, Causes of the War of Northern Aggression .

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

12831 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just think whiners IF the ultimate hag had prevailed. Trump saved the Supreme Court, lest not forget. There would be no where for you guys to go because GunBroker as we know it would be gone,if Satan's seed had got in. But let's jump on Trump.
Go to Top of Page

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
11843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 84Bravo1

You have repeatedly shown where you stand on POTUS Trump Ruger41. (Most of us here, do not care.)

Would you prefer Hillary in office? One of the other Rhino establishment losers? Not me, and apparently not enough of us to have elected anyone other than Trump, who is currently serving.

Get over it.

Whine on.

So you’re for gun control..got it. There’s plenty of Fudds just like you who will gladly accept what he is doing well cuz ‘Murica and well he’s not Hillary. Who gives a crap about Hillary..she isn’t the President who currently is supporting and actively seeking to implement gun control.
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

27587 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruger41

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-doj-reclassifies-bump-fire-stocks-machine-guns/

I say hell no. Barely a year in and by fiat gun control is implemented. You might not need or want or even like bumpstocks but this kind of gun control is a dangerous game. Trump also praised the new Florida gun control that Gov Scott signed. So I ask yet again are you guys who praised Trump as some super supporter of the 2nd Amendment are you still giving your support to this pos or are you going to wait to finally wake up and see him for what he is. We must have a POTUS who stands for the Constitution. Hope actually get one in 2020. IMO he is going to lose a bunch of supporters over this. Today he or some other pos politicians ban bumpstocks by fiat and tomorrow it will be your highly accurate hunting rifles because well they are just too dangerous because you can kill people from 1000 yards out.

Although it sounds counter-intuitive, the gridlock that would have resulted from Clinton being elected may have posed a larger hurdle to changes than the situation as it exists right now.

But playing "What if" is a pointless endeavor, as no one will ever know.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

So you’re for gun control..got it. There’s plenty of Fudds just like you who will gladly accept what he is doing well cuz ‘Murica and well he’s not Hillary. Who gives a crap about Hillary..she isn’t the President who currently is supporting and actively seeking to implement gun control.

Meh......,..................I'm, STILL behind POTUS Trump. (Quite the retort though.) Your assumptions aside.
Go to Top of Page

Dads3040
Advanced Member

USA
13716 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  8:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not blaming Trump for legislation passed in Florida means one supports gun control.

Got it.

Whatever viewpoints we hold, if we can't make the case more logically, we are lost.

The Object in Life is not to be with the Majority, but Rather to Avoid finding Oneself in the Ranks of the Insane. Marcus Aurelius
Go to Top of Page

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
11843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wpageabc

We are still winning. Since blaming Trump for the bump stock debacle is ludicrous.

So since Trump has directed the DOJ to figure out a way to ban them we now don’t criticize Trump for that? That to me is ludicrous. This is just the beginning of things to come.

Edited by - ruger41 on 03/10/2018 8:19:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  8:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So since Trump has directed the DOJ to figure out a way to ban them we now don’t criticize Trump for that? That to me is ludicrous. This is just the beginning of things to come.

There were a handful of us who petitioned hard for Gary Johnson, someone who wants less government and has a track record of that.

But when it came to the wire, the choice of bad or worse had to be made.

That won't happen again for me, I will vote my conscience in 2020. Noperah, Notrump.

Trump was supposed to be the savior and make America great again. If dismantling the Constitution, the 2nd amendment, the amendment of all amendments to protect the citizens from a runaway government, if that is making America great, well, I don't want it.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  8:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Most people here, can see (based on your previous posts) where you stand. Most of us here, do not really care where you stand. You have placed yourself in the opposition camp. (Good luck there.)

Who did you vote for? If I may ask?

If you do not feel comfortable in sharing that, I can understand.

I'm still winning. I don't know about you.

Best to you.

Edited by - 84Bravo1 on 03/10/2018 8:32:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruger41
Advanced Member

USA
11843 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  8:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Most people here, can see (based on your previous posts) where you stand. Most of us here, do not really care where you stand. You have placed yourself in the opposition camp. (Good luck there.)

Best to you.

I voted for Gary Johnson. Wasn’t happy that Trump won but I said I would support him until he violated the 2nd Amendment which he is now doing. It should piss you off that you and others who supported him when he said he would protect the 2nd Amendment in one breath and with another he praises the new anti gun law in Florida and is going to by executive action enact gun control. I still don’t see how this is positive for gun owners.
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
34234 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It isn't positive for gun owners,...not at all.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

JamesRK
Advanced Member

USA
26305 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trump is a lifelong democrat but not an out and out communist like so many of our democrat elected politicians. Trump loves being loved. There was no need for him to give an opinion on bump stocks or the age of armed adults since other politicians were already taking the heat. Any time anything is in the news for more than a day he will always jump in front of the parade.

When I voted for Trump it was a vote against a communist dominated Supreme Court into the next century. If he runs again in a similar situation I'll vote for him again. That doesn't mean I trust or like him. Trump is a lifelong democrat.

Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I respect that you voted your conscience in the Prelims, once it became obvious that Gary Johnson was not a viable candidate, did you vote for Hillary or Trump at the end?
Go to Top of Page

bullshot
Advanced Member

9452 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Nothing worse than a whiny democrat, get over it snowflake.

Go to Top of Page

Warbirds
Advanced Member

USA
13646 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You’re gonna have 12-16 years of liberals in power after Trumps one term presidency.

Please let me know if you think that’s winning.

"I couldn't possibly care less. Im actually trying to care less and just can't get there." - Kevd18
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  9:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warbirds

You’re gonna have 12-16 years of liberals in power after Trumps one term presidency.

Let's hope not.

12-16 years of Liberals in charge, will be the end of this Country.

I believe we all are aware of that.
Go to Top of Page

jerrywh818

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  10:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trump can't make a law. We have a Senate and a house of representatives also. If there is a consensus the blame is shared. We also have a supreme court. I'm for Trump. We will see how this plays out. Politics is a sly game. Some times laws are passed so that the court will nullify them and no one gets the blame then. After the first five cards are dealt then you get a draw. That is how the game is played. Some laws are made to be overthrown.

ant dancer
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46332 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  10:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Warbirds

Let's hope not.

12-16 years of Liberals in charge, will be the end of this Country.

I believe we all are aware of that.

The way people of this country acted about the people trying to protect Lee's monument at Charlottesville proved that to me...yet I continue to hope I'm wrong.
Go to Top of Page

nemesisenforcer
Advanced Member

11047 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  11:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were we ever?

Go sell crazy somewhere else. We're all full up here.

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
—H L Mencken

"Here's a toast to virgins and lesbians: THANKS FOR NOTHIN!!!!!"

"I don't know which disgusts me more: your cowardice or your stupidity."

"HISTORY, CULTURE, TRADITION. THESE ARE NOT CONCEPTS; THEY ARE SOUVENIRS I KEEP IN MY DEN AS PAPERWEIGHTS!!!"

". . . greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA."
Gordon Gekko

START STOCKPILING AMMUNITION AND DONG BAGS.

Go to Top of Page

Idahobound
Advanced Member

USA
8723 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2018 :  11:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When was the last time we were truly WINNING???
Go to Top of Page

mnrivrat48

USA
1430 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was never fond of Trump . That said I voted for him and I support him as I strongly believe he was the best choice of the bunch.

He has been able to influence several aspects of this countries policies in a positive way. I am disappointed in his gun control stance and hope he recognizes that, and uses more caution in the future on that issue.

I also however recognize the extreme pressure he has been facing to do something. Throwing bump stocks under the bus isn't the worsted outcome available. Not a good thing for sure, but there will be worse things to come. It is just a matter of time.

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORD ORDER - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - YOU WILL ASSIMILATE
Go to Top of Page

mjrfd99
Advanced Member

USA
3579 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  08:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

WTH is the matter with some people? Funny me asking huh?
The Don or the pigbitch. If you are here and support the 2nd there was only ONE CHOICE. DUH!
Dear whinners "they'll only put the head in"
Go to Top of Page

bpost
Advanced Member

Azerbaijan
38349 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  08:17:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barzillia

quote:

Although it sounds counter-intuitive, the gridlock that would have resulted from Clinton being elected may have posed a larger hurdle to changes than the situation as it exists right now.

THANK GOD ABOVE!

I am a practicing Curmudgeon, someone that hates hypocrisy and pretense and has the temerity to say so.

Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
9391 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  08:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kimi

I'm certainly going to back him over the democratic alternatives, all of whom are my eternal enemies.

Agree with Kimi.

Unless some of you have actually sat in DEMOCRAT party strategic planning meetings and focus groups and actually listened to goals and the doctrine of where the party wants us to be as a nation, you are clueless as to just how far left the party has progressed. People who are not familiar with DEMOCRAT party goals are in for a shock.

Time restraints prevent a long list but as far as guns, the DEMOCRAT party does not want anyone other than police and military to own one.
They want bans, mandatory turn ins and if necessary; government seizure. There is absolutely no compromise on guns. A private citizen possessing a gun would be a class II felony: Up to 60 years in prison.

Other goals include such radical changes to the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution. Changes that expand the power and scope of federal government and preserve power. An end to state sovereignty. universal pay, open borders, an end capitalism are other things you can expect.
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

12831 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  08:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

"LARGER HURDLE" ? ROTFLMAO, yea, You read the Marxist script and swallow it. I don't and never will/
N one will ever know? Uhmmm,the mistress of Satan stated that the 2nd would be abolished or completely radicalized as we know it, so in essence WE DO KNOW what would have happened. But what's a few facts in front of a blind and completely saturated person of ill swill-
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  10:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjrfd99

quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

The Don or the pigbitch. If you are here and support the 2nd there was only ONE CHOICE. DUH!

There is always door #3. The sheeple have fallen for the two false choices system.

You have 3 years left to get a candidate who truly respects personal freedoms, to the voting ticket. Any failure to do so is a vote for gun confiscation.

It's ironic that another post talks about the democrat agenda, and Trump is a democrat and you all blindly support him. Why? Because he throws peanuts from his motorcade to keep you children happy.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

Edited by - mag00 on 03/11/2018 10:57:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mag00

quote:

quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

There is always door #3. The sheeple have fallen for the two false choices system.

You have 3 years left to get a candidate who truly respects personal freedoms to the voting ticket. Any failure to do so is a vote for gun confiscation.

It's ironic that another post talks about the democrat agenda, and Trump is a democrat and you all blindly support him. Why? Because he throws peanuts from his motorcade to keep you children happy.

He was the lesser of two evils this past election cycle.

Ideal candidate? No.

Shake up the system, and send those entrenched in Washington DC a message?

Yes.

I approve of the job he is doing thus far.

I do agree, his recent venture in to gun control is disconcerting. He will take enough negative input on his choice being counterproductive, that it will resonate with him. IMHO.
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  11:18:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

You have 3 years left to get a candidate who truly respects personal freedoms to the voting ticket. Any failure to do so is a vote for gun confiscation.

Ideal candidate? No.

Yes.

I do agree, his recent venture in to gun control is disconcerting. He will take enough negative input on his choice being counterproductive, that it will resonate with him. IMHO.

Or he'll dig in, his ego won't allow him to backpedal or change his position. We can only hope the elected representatives have more sense and nothing makes it to his desk. Then we'll see if he does an obama style end run exec action.

We have 3 years to get someone worthy on the ticket, who is available? Are we just that short of leaders in the world?

Oprah will be the other candidate. Another billionaire. This should worry all.

Edited by - mag00 on 03/11/2018 11:23:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  11:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Get over it.

Whine on.

Ideal candidate? No.

Yes.

We have 3 years to get someone worthy on the ticket, who is available? Are we just that short of leaders in the world?

I believe you know as well as I do that there are many Superb Leaders in our Country. Those people want nothing to do with the abomination, that is our current process for electing a POTUS.

The entire process eliminates anyone truly worthy of the job.

That is truly the sad, pathetic reality of the situation.
Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
26398 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Best to you.

A large danger of a cult of personality is that it has followers.

When these followers blind themselves to the fallibility of their leader, the logical (and in this case, Constitutional) restraints on that leader become unimportant.

I would suggest that honest evaluation of the actions of the man who is our President, regardless of party or personality, is never a bad thing.

The Obama DOJ did not classify bump-stocks as AOW devices.

The Trump DOJ, at his direction, appears to be reversing that decision.

The merits of the case aside, are we comfortable in such an arbitrary reversal based upon the emotion following a tragedy where these devices were not even used?

'Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.'
Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
26398 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grasshopper

quote:

quote:

"LARGER HURDLE" ? ROTFLMAO, yea, You read the Marxist script and swallow it. I don't and never will/
N one will ever know? Uhmmm,the mistress of Satan stated that the 2nd would be abolished or completely radicalized as we know it, so in essence WE DO KNOW what would have happened. But what's a few facts in front of a blind and completely saturated person of ill swill-

Really?

Democrat POTUS and GOP Congress following Sandy Hook resulted in no Federal infringement upon the 2nd Amendment.

Today we have a nominally GOP POTUS and a GOP Congress, and it looks like something will probably happen.

Dollars to donuts, the GOP Congress would have resisted Hilary, but will allow Trump to give them cover in the passage of a emotional response to Parkland.

I hope I am wrong, but if we can trust what Trump says, he will sign a 'reasonable' bill if one is placed upon his desk.

Brad Steele.

'The Constitution that was actually enacted and formally amended creates islands of government powers in a sea of liberty. The judicially redacted constitution creates islands of liberty rights in a sea of governmental powers.'
Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

grumpygy
Advanced Member

USA
42491 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like has been said Lesser of two Evils. So far I will have to go with what he has done so far.

Except maybe the tariffs and only time will tell on that one.
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Don McManus

quote:

quote:

quote:

Best to you.

A large danger of a cult of personality is that it has followers.

When these followers blind themselves to the fallibility of their leader, the logical (and in this case, Constitutional) restraints on that leader become unimportant.

I would suggest that honest evaluation of the actions of the man who is our President, regardless of party or personality, is never a bad thing.

The Obama DOJ did not classify bump-stocks as AOW devices.

The Trump DOJ, at his direction, appears to be reversing that decision.

The merits of the case aside, are we comfortable in such an arbitrary reversal based upon the emotion following a tragedy where these devices were not even used?

Sorry, no "Cult of Personality," going on here Don.

In am very aware the current POTUS is not perfect. As I believe most who voted him in to office are as well.

It was a thumb in the eye to established Politics. Sending a message, if you will. (And) It was a lesser of two evils vote. I believe most here will acknowledge that.

All in all, I believe he is doing a good job. (Better than those recently preceding him.)

If his continued forays in to the abrogation of the Constitution continue, he will not be elected to a second term.

God help us, on who will be available to fill his place.

A QUALITY Candidate would be nice for a change. (See my previous post on this.) It would be nice to vote for someone you actually wanted in office, as opposed to the lesser of two evils we have had for election after election.
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46332 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prelude to next presidential election:

https://tinyurl.com/y8hn8foo

What's next

Some favorite quotes:

"No other proof, however, is needed than the undeniable fact that at any period of the war from its beginning to near its close the South could have saved slavery by simply laying down its arms and returning to the Union."
--- Major General John B. Gordon, from his book, Causes of the War of Northern Aggression .

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

12831 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really?

Democrat POTUS and GOP Congress following Sandy Hook resulted in no Federal infringement upon the 2nd Amendment.

Today we have a nominally GOP POTUS and a GOP Congress, and it looks like something will probably happen.

Dollars to donuts, the GOP Congress would have resisted Hilary, but will allow Trump to give them cover in the passage of a emotional response to Parkland.

I hope I am wrong, but if we can trust what Trump says, he will sign a 'reasonable' bill if one is placed upon his desk.

As I said the Supreme Court would have been slanted to the left of Nuntsy P. Swill would have appointed and got them through, plus Ginsberg would have stepped down, imo and then the end as we know it. Looking into the crystal ball, yes it would have happened.
Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really?

As I said the Supreme Court would have been slanted to the left of Nuntsy P. Swill would have appointed and got them through, plus Ginsberg would have stepped down, imo and then the end as we know it. Looking into the crystal ball, yes it would have happened.

More good points being made here. SCOTUS choices were high on my list of reasons to vote the way I did. We DO NOT need more Liberals in that position.

The ramifications would have been profound, for generations to come.
Go to Top of Page

Arby

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for Trump since my vote was for ABH (anybody but Hillary). I figured Trump was a crap shoot but I knew the alternative would have been a disaster for My Country. I was/am very pleasantly surprised and supportive of his performance...I'll vote for him again in 2020...For the first time since I can remember, I can vote for someone that supports 60% plus of my personal values....Looking for "straight sticks" is an exercise in frustration.

My hot button was the open seat on the Supreme Court...that got fixed

As for the Second Amendment...It isn't going away, since repeal requires Congressional votes plus a National Referendum requiring 2/3 of States to remove.

Fully automatic weapons have been banned since 1934 before many on the board,if not most, were born. To date, the ban hasn't infringed on any of my Second Amendment rights...I have owned guns since I was 9 yro... and I have carried before it was fashionable. If you want to own an Assault Rifle "look alike" go for it, personally they are totally worthless for any application I might use one for...same for bump stocks...My Remington 7400 in .243 (a safe queen)can do anything a civilian AR-15 can do...if I ever start hunting again, I will just grab my pre 1950 Winchester 70 '06.

Looking at the second amendment as a blanket endorsement for allowing anybody and everybody to own a gun is foolhardy...Anything that keeps the mentally ill and criminals from having guns should be looked at and critically considered...not a simple solution.

But consider this, When you stick your head in the sand, you must also consider that which you leave sticking out...

If the Democrats get the White House and Congress back, what do you think will happen to your Second Amendment Rights...which, based on the above, should be the least of your worries should this scenario come to pass....IMNSHO

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat; chutzpah is taking the tartar sauce with you! ""

Edited by - Arby on 03/11/2018 12:49:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46332 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  12:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arby

I voted for Trump since my vote was for ABH (anybody but Hillary). I figured Trump was a crap shoot but I knew the alternative would have been a disaster for My Country. I was/am very pleasantly surprised and supportive of his performance...I'll vote for him again in 2020...For the first time since I can remember, I can vote for someone that supports 60% plus of my personal values....Looking for "straight sticks" is an exercise in frustration.

My hot button was the open seat on the Supreme Court...that got fixed

As for the Second Amendment...It isn't going away, since repeal requires Congressional votes plus a National Referendum requiring 2/3 of States to remove.

Fully automatic weapons have been banned since 1934 before many on the board,if not most, were born. To date, the ban hasn't infringed on any of my Second Amendment rights...I have owned guns since I was 9 yro... and I have carried before it was fashionable. If you want to own an Assault Rifle "look alike" go for it, personally they are totally worthless for any application I might use one for...same for bump stocks...My Remington 7400 in .243 (a safe queen)can do anything a civilian AR-15 can do...if I ever start hunting again, I will just grab my pre 1950 Winchester 70 '06.

Looking at the second amendment as a blanket endorsement for allowing anybody and everybody to own a gun is foolhardy...Anything that keeps the mentally ill and criminals from having guns should be looked at and critically considered...not a simple solution.

But consider this, When you stick your head in the sand, you must also consider that which you leave sticking out...

If the Democrats get the White House and Congress back, what do you think will happen to your Second Amendment Rights...which, based on the above, should be the least of your worries should this scenario come to pass....IMNSHO

A whole lot of wisdom right there!

What's next

Some favorite quotes:

Go to Top of Page

Don McManus
Advanced Member

USA
26398 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  1:02:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Really?

We can play change the subject if you like, it I still implore you to view Trump’s actions with an open mind. Even with Gorsuch (sp?), this court will support a gun restriction legislation.

We still need to hold Trump accountable to the Constitution. Do you not agree?

Brad Steele.

Randy E. Barnett

CA #3

Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

27587 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bpost

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

We'll see how thankful everybody is for the current incumbent when it is all said and done.

I do not think it is a grace.

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  1:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

We'll see how thankful everybody is for the current incumbent when it is all said and done.

Of the two viable choices at the end, who would you have preferred?

That's an easy one for me.

Edited by - 84Bravo1 on 03/11/2018 1:51:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

27587 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  1:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

It was easy for me, as well.

Neither.

You got what you wanted.

Hopefully, you will be just as happy when it is all over.

Go to Top of Page

84Bravo1
Advanced Member

10514 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  2:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

Neither.

You got what you wanted.

While I appreciate the honesty in your reply, not voting for either, is akin to throwing up your hands and saying "whatever."

That does not work for me. One of the two were going to get elected.

I know who I did NOT want to get elected.

Gets back to the Lesser of Two Evils, but if that is the choice I am left with, I am going to choose the Lesser of Two Evils.
Go to Top of Page

Arby

USA
561 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  2:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quote from Don MacManus

[/quote]

We can play change the subject if you like, it I still implore you to view Trump’s actions with an open mind. Even with Gorsuch (sp?), this court will support a gun restriction legislation.

We still need to hold Trump accountable to the Constitution. Do you not agree?
[/quote]

Don, we still do not know what the current Supreme Court will or will not support, especially when it comes to gun legislation.

Hopefully the Court will faithfully stick to it's Constitutional obligation which is to interpret the laws as written with regard to a law's Constitutionality. I firmly believe that Trump's selection of Neil Gorsuch, and subsequent confirmation, will insure this for the foreseeable future.

I view all politician's, especially the POTUS' actions, with an open mind, and at 84 years of age I have quite a bit of experience to call up on for comparisons.

I firmly believe that Trump is doing a lot better job of sticking to the Constitution of the United States than any the last three POTUS did, especially Obama...WE only have our single vote to hold the POTUS accountable to the Constitution...It is The Supreme Court's responsibility/duty to hold the POTUS and Congress accountable to the Constitution...BTW, I view my self as a strict Constitutionalist which is defined as:

Constitutionalism is descriptive of a complicated concept, deeply embedded in historical experience, which subjects the officials who exercise governmental powers to the limitations of a higher law. Constitutionalism proclaims the desirability of the rule of law as opposed to rule by the arbitrary judgment or mere fiat of public officials .

My question to you is, Do you believe that the Second Amendment should be a blanket order to provide any one and everyone the right to possess a fire arm without restriction?...If so, why?

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat; chutzpah is taking the tartar sauce with you! ""
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

27587 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  2:30:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

Neither.

You got what you wanted.

While I appreciate the honesty in your reply, not voting for either, is akin to throwing up your hands and saying "whatever."

That does not work for me. One of the two were going to get elected.

I know who I did NOT want to get elected.

Gets back to the Lesser of Two Evils, but if that is the choice I am left with, I am going to choose the Lesser of Two Evils.

No, it is not the same thing as throwing up one's hands, if that is how one is led.

It is not safe to go against conscience.

And you are quite possibly creating and living in the fallacy of the false dichotomy.

There is always a way to go, although it may be a way that you neither desire nor comprehend.

Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46332 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2018 :  2:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

THANK GOD ABOVE!

Rest assured that this is the one time that the Trumpsters' need to go down with the ship or face the very worst that the enemies of liberty intend to serve up.

What's next

Some favorite quotes:

Edited by - kimi on 03/11/2018 2:47:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page