GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 what happened to 1911-A1-fan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  1:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He hasn't posted since January 6th. Does anybody know if he's doing okay?

Mr. Perfect
Advanced Member

52288 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  2:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan lives in St. Louis, I believe. Hope he wasn't shot down in some gang war.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace." -Jesus

Gen 49:24  But his [Joseph's] bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

1Sa 17:49  And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth. 

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. -Jesus

But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. -Jesus

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Some will die in hot pursuit and fiery auto crashes
Some will die in hot pursuit while sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

G1
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  2:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Dan lives in St. Louis, I believe. Hope he wasn't shot down in some gang war.

Highly doubtful, he carries more firearms on his person then the Infantry owns
Go to Top of Page

jltrent
Advanced Member

USA
10605 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  3:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He got a job as a cook making $80 plates and probably working his rear off if I remember correctly.

Edited by - jltrent on 03/12/2018 3:23:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
34244 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jltrent

He got a job as a cook making $80 plates and probably working his rear off if I remember correctly.

Yeppers.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  4:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah but he came back on here and posted after a month or so, and then he just quit posting again. I'm just wondering if he's okay or if he's just so busy working that he doesn't have time
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

14270 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  5:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last time he disappeared he just got busy with life. My guess is with the new chef position and this year will be the certification of his own pepper,Dan's wicked Ghost, that he is real busy and I hope that is the case.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

asop
Advanced Member

5624 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  5:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya-Certainly remember the name but haven't given much thought to it!
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
15327 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  6:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hopefully in between cooking high dollar meals he is planting more of his ultra hot peppers for sale on GB later :)
Go to Top of Page

buschmaster
Advanced Member

19552 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  9:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he got disgusted with something and left. said so in his last post. you can look it up if you want to.

same here. I don't post anymore, because I got disgusted with something and left. you can figure it out yourself if you want to.

so you might be asking, you are posting that you don't post here anymore? wha??

I browse occasionally because I'm bored. other than that, I regard most of you about as much as I regard hippes, liberals, Westboro Baptist Church members, bucktooth Skoal-chewing farmers, etc which is not at all. not interested.
Go to Top of Page

kidthatsirish
Advanced Member

USA
6658 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  9:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buschmaster

he got disgusted with something and left. said so in his last post. you can look it up if you want to.

same here. I don't post anymore, because I got disgusted with something and left. you can figure it out yourself if you want to.

I browse occasionally because I'm bored. other than that, I regard most of you about as much as I regard hippes, liberals, Westboro Baptist Church members, bucktooth Skoal-chewing farmers, etc which is not at all. not interested.

You make friends everywhere you go I bet.

“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return". -- Leonardo DaVinci 1452-1519

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  9:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What do you mean you don't post here anymore, you just did!!!

Anyway how you doing?
Go to Top of Page

buschmaster
Advanced Member

19552 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  10:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kidthatsirish
I try. maybe it was a stupid idea.
quote:
Originally posted by remingtonoaks

Anyway how you doing?
got a new job making a lot more money, but it still goes away faster than it comes. working my ass off so much they gave me a raise after 2 months, offered me a supervisor job after 4 months, turned that down because I wanted to go for the goodies in another department. then I got nominated for employee of the month. but that entire department is going away (along with all the people) so existing stuff will expand into that work space with new hires, and they pretty much already told me they are going to make me a supervisor there. with another pay raise.

truck conked out, mechanic did a 1400$ valve replacement when I probably only needed a fuel injector, tires/heater core/oil sensor fix cost 500$, went to the ER for gall bladder problems leading to 4 days in the hospital, cost $30,000 but they said just give us $6,000 and when you come back to remove it (another $6,000) pay up front.

and some dude named Rocky gave me a harmonica. he can't stand music, it's just noise to him..
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  04:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by kidthatsirish
I try. maybe it was a stupid idea.
quote:

Anyway how you doing?
got a new job making a lot more money, but it still goes away faster than it comes. working my ass off so much they gave me a raise after 2 months, offered me a supervisor job after 4 months, turned that down because I wanted to go for the goodies in another department. then I got nominated for employee of the month. but that entire department is going away (along with all the people) so existing stuff will expand into that work space with new hires, and they pretty much already told me they are going to make me a supervisor there. with another pay raise.

truck conked out, mechanic did a 1400$ valve replacement when I probably only needed a fuel injector, tires/heater core/oil sensor fix cost 500$, went to the ER for gall bladder problems leading to 4 days in the hospital, cost $30,000 but they said just give us $6,000 and when you come back to remove it (another $6,000) pay up front.

and some dude named Rocky gave me a harmonica. he can't stand music, it's just noise to him..

Well I'm sorry to hear about your gallbladder problems... When do you think you have to go in to get it taken care of?

And I'm also sorry about your vehicle problems.

But I'm glad to hear you found a better job, and it looks like it's even going to get better for you.

You really should think about starting to post here again... Some of us around here enjoy your wittiness

Edited by - remingtonoaks on 03/13/2018 04:29:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

1911a1-fan
Advanced Member

43911 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  5:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks rem, and those concerned

yes i have been busy, work-sleep-work and repeat, unlike bush i actually took a paycut to something i love rather than something i hate, dont get me wrong it was a gravy chain i rode for 8 years making 6 figures for part time work but the aggravation it caused sometimes was overwhelming for me and my wife, and life is way to short for that, so far i have lost 18 pounds, blood pressure has stabilized and life is good, i plan on posting an update when the new menu comes out featuring some of my recipes with pics

as far as posting yes it has frustrated me watching some members lean left, some i dont think they even realize it, i read here every few days in the morning sometimes while waking up and just dont have the energy to jump in and get caught up in the melee, im sure there is no love lost with a few here

Go to Top of Page

asop
Advanced Member

5624 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  5:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best to you. Keep on keeping on
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
34244 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  7:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dan,...take care of yourself bud.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

kimi
Advanced Member

USA
46341 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  9:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Yeah but he came back on here and posted after a month or so, and then he just quit posting again. I'm just wondering if he's okay or if he's just so busy working that he doesn't have time

Just busy and pulling down big bucks from my understanding

What's next

Some favorite quotes:

"No other proof, however, is needed than the undeniable fact that at any period of the war from its beginning to near its close the South could have saved slavery by simply laying down its arms and returning to the Union."
--- Major General John B. Gordon, from his book, Causes of the War of Northern Aggression .

“Abe, climb down from Mt. Rushmore, and vacate the penny. Your days in the pantheon are over, thanks to the scholarship and courage of Thomas J. DiLorenzo.” — Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.

Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well buddy, I'm glad you're okay. I'm glad you're losing weight and your blood pressure is better. I understand about getting busy with work, up until the last few years I worked 16 hours a day six and seven days a week. that doesn't give much time for anything else

I was just hoping that you didn't kill over. That would be a great loss to all of us.

Drop a line here when you can okay buddy
Go to Top of Page

JamesRK
Advanced Member

USA
26305 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  04:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss your posting but your wife and health are more important. Glad to hear you're still doing well. Drop in when you can.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page