GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Tillerson fired by Trump ,,,,,,,,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

forgemonkey
Advanced Member

USA
19544 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/us/politics/trump-tillerson-pompeo.html

m88.358win
Advanced Member

USA
6391 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  11:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tillerson didn’t drink the Trump Kool-aid nearly as much as others so he was on the outs from day one. This President requires absolute loyalty to himself above everything else (including the nation), if you don’t have that you won’t last long.

Sessions has only survived because of the legal liability that would be caused by his firing. Trump still, somewhat, listens to his lawyers, he doesn’t want to increase his legal problems so Sessions stays.
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
7534 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  11:41:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by m88.358win

Tillerson didn’t drink the Trump Kool-aid nearly as much as others so he was on the outs from day one. This President requires absolute loyalty to himself above everything else (including the nation), if you don’t have that you won’t last long.

Sessions has only survived because of the legal liability that would be caused by his firing. Trump still, somewhat, listens to his lawyers, he doesn’t want to increase his legal problems so Sessions stays.

Then the Obama cabinet must have drank a lot of Kool-aid. Holder being the main Kool-aid guzzler. Protected Obama like a tight pair of leotards. There were others.
Go to Top of Page

mogley98
Advanced Member

USA
15327 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  12:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tillerson was a poor choice from the beginning but Trump had to get someone in the Cabinet.

Tillerson damn near destroyed Exxon we sure as heck don't need him as SOS
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18232 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  1:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nancy Pelosi's not happy with the change. She must have just lost a great Ally...
Go to Top of Page

serf
Anti Gun Lib

7394 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Heck, he was better Than Hillary As SOS! The problem with Trump that he is a prima Donna like Gen. MacArthur except he is a President and his Board members are too numerous to get fired yet!

serf
Go to Top of Page

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7767 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  1:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The hunt for the right folk goes on,,,

MAGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

17473 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  2:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought tillerson would be stationed in Benghazi for calling Trump "IDIOT" a while back.
Go to Top of Page

Ditch-Runner
Advanced Member

USA
16616 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  2:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to many classes where I use to work .
during one the instructor was talking about lowere management ( us )
and top management as we get stuck with what we have people wize good or bad
however the top dogs will always surround them self with "yes men / women "sitting at there table they only want to hear great idea and we will start on it today ,not I do not think thats a good idea and that person is soon to be moved out
JMHO I think Trump sticks to that business motto "my way or the highway" as much as Washington will allow him to get away with
I would bet he would love to say your fired to a crap load of them
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
7534 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  2:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mogley98

Tillerson was a poor choice from the beginning but Trump had to get someone in the Cabinet.

Tillerson damn near destroyed Exxon we sure as heck don't need him as SOS

Probably was the cause of Millions of shares of stock being sold by the Rockefeller family in the past year or two. Tillerson ranks right up there with the (Old) CEO of G.E. Jeff Immelt,

Immelt was w/o a doubt an and sukcophant but can't say who was worse. Immelt was one of the first Azz Kissers to suck up to Obama. Thus, Tillerson was better.
Go to Top of Page

asop
Advanced Member

5624 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  6:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may be wrong but didn't Tillerson have an opposing view with Trump on the Iranian nuclear deal?
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
38391 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asop

I may be wrong but didn't Tillerson have an opposing view with Trump on the Iranian nuclear deal?

Yes, apparently Tillerson's globalist views clash with Trump's America first philosophy.
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32610 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  9:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tillerson leaving should be no surprise as his comments, in direct opposition to Trump, were clear, especially over the last several months.

When 'the help' is in opposition, time to change the 'help.'

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

pwillie
Advanced Member

USA
25716 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  11:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...Never thought Tillerson was a good choice...
Go to Top of Page

Barzillia
Advanced Member

27627 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  06:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just smoke.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43388157

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal-judge-paul-manafort-faces-real-possibility-spending/story?id=53718155

"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted." Seneca

"Hope has two children: anger, and courage." Augustine, Confessions

Der Verzagten aber und Ungläubigen und Greulichen und Totschläger und Hurer und Zauberer und Abgöttischen und aller Lügner, deren Teil wird sein in dem Pfuhl, der mit Feuer und Schwefel brennt; das ist der andere Tod.

Edited by - Barzillia on 03/14/2018 06:50:25 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page