GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Weaver V8 scope question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TWalker

1936 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  10:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Weaver V8 scope uses an externally adjustable rear mount/ring. Does this fit on a regular Weaver base or does it require a special base? Thanks for any information.

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau

charliemeyer007
Advanced Member

USA
5789 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  11:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never seen a regular Weaver base with a windage adjustable mount on it, doesn't mean they didn't make them.

added So I looked on flea bay and yes it appears they fit on regular Weaver bases.

Edited by - charliemeyer007 on 10/28/2016 11:36:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

richarda

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  11:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1; have used V8 on regular Weaver bases.
Go to Top of Page

Ambrose

2439 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2016 :  3:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have several Weaver V8's (bought my first one shortly after they came out) and, yes, they fit on standard Weaver top mount bases.
Go to Top of Page

TWalker

1936 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2016 :  12:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for your quick replies. I am happy to learn that the scope being shipped to me will fit on a gun with standard Weaver bases. Best regards from the Blue Ridge of Southwest Virginia.

Go to Top of Page

Ambrose

2439 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  6:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is an old post but I got curious: Does your Weaver V8 have the triple cross-hairs?
Go to Top of Page

perry shooter
Advanced Member

17546 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  7:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello T walker if you need a place to shoot rifle after mounting scope check out RRPC
Go to Top of Page

spirits

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  10:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Weaver scope not sure if it is a V8 but it has the external windage and elevation adjustments on the Weaver scope mounts. I know I picked them up on ebay a long time ago. The external windage and elevation adjustments on the Weaver mounts caught my interest not the scope they were mounted on.
Go to Top of Page

TWalker

1936 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  9:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My scope mounted easily using a standard Weaver base on an older H&R single shot in 25-06 caliber. It has the single crosshair, not the rarely seen multi crosshair. It has held zero well. I recently bought another one of these scopes on the Goodwill auction site. It's now on a Remington 721 in 300 H&H caliber. I haven't shot it yet. It uses the standard Weaver two piece base set secured with lock tite. Luckily, I can shoot off my back deck. I have an 80 yard range there and if it's raining or too cold I can just open the kitchen window and shoot from the counter top. An added bonus is that the field has lots of clover and I can watch deer, turkeys, groundhogs, and an occasional black bear almost every day.

Go to Top of Page

spirits

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  9:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's another interesting Weaver reticle feature where the three cross hairs merge together at low power and separate at higher power. Got that one on ebay too. The one that I really liked was the K 1.5 with a post reticle - every time I looked through it I wondered where the extra 0.5 power went to - LOL. Ended up using a K 2.5 with a post reticle which worked much better.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page