GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Walther ppq 45
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

combatinc
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  11:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any thoughts on the walther ppq 45 I have a mod2 in 9mm and wanted to know if the 45 shoots just as good.

Edited by - combatinc on 02/25/2018 01:08:39 AM

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2018 :  2:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't have any hands-on, with this particular Walther. Any time you have the 45 ACP, on a light weight platform like this PPQ. Perceived recoil, will be very "snappy". Affecting the 2nd and 3rd shots.

Your going to have to be doing a lot of live fire drills. So this won't be a problem, in a real personal protection scenario. If you intend it to be your EDC.

Many moons ago, I bought one of the original alloy framed .45 ACP Colt Commanders. After shooting it a couple of times, with U.S. issue ammo. Got rid of it, pronto. Couldn't keep the 2nd and 3rd shots. On a pie plate, except if I was in a phone booth.

Go to Top of Page

Ricci Wright
Advanced Member

USA
5717 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2018 :  7:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok I thought maybe someone who owned one would answer but it’s been a couple of days. We have sold a few PPQ’s chambered in 45 but many more in 9 mm. I have not fired the gun in45 but have shot HK’s and Glock’s in 45 including 21’s and 30’s both models of which I own. I don’t see recoil as a problem in these guns and would say it seems less than in a lightweight 1911. Maybe the flex in the polimier frame? The ergonomics on the Walther are much better than Glock’s and should be even more controllable. My PPQ in 9 mm is an extremely good shooter and is my favorite plastic gun. I see no reason the 45 shouldn’t be just as good. In fact I might need one myself.

"Fight like the third monkey on the ramp of Noah's Ark"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page