GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 Ask the Experts
 Glock question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

asop
Advanced Member

5616 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  5:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know much about them. That being said what are the pro and cons of the mod. 26 generation 4 vs. the generation 5? Thanks

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  6:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might be prejudiced, but I'm still shooting the G 17. I bought new, in 1986. For all practical purposes, Glock's don't wear out.

Because of this, they got to come up with some new latest and greatest gingerbread every year. So that the deluded sheeple, will have a reason to go out and buy a brand new one.

Don't have a clue what the difference is between the generations 4 and 5 of the G 26. Doubt if it is anything substantial. Best thing would be to get one of the used gen 4's, that a sheeple has traded in to get a gen 5. Probably save yourself a bundle, you can use to buy practice ammo.

Go to Top of Page

NeoBlackdog
Advanced Member

USA
10744 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  9:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main things are that the Gen 5 has no finger grooves on the grip and it has an ambidextrous slide release.
Go to Top of Page

yoshmyster
Advanced Member

17445 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  03:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And crap ton of after market bits to make it "perfect".
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32520 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  07:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they change the length of a screw or pin by a nanometer, it's a new model.

Like ruf-snow, I still shoot my 17 that came with a factory installed laser.....and it has never failed.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

tsr1965
Advanced Member

USA
7905 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  08:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably the best one out there is the Gen 3. People always say...oh boy...look at the new one...it has this, or that that the pervious one didn't have. Truth be told, the interchangeable hardware on gen 4 and 5's is of little use 95% of the time, and the stuff from gen 5's are not interchangeable with Gen 1-4...Gen 5 is definitely out, but my preferred is the Gen 3.

EDIT 1

quote:
Originally posted by rufe-snow

quote:
Originally posted by khornet

If "Glock Perfection" is true why are they on gen 5?

As I said, in my first post. If they don't bring out a new gen every year. Folks would just keep on shooting their older guns, and Glock would be hurting. Some deluded folks, just have to have the latest and greatest. To keep up with the Jones's. They have to have something to brag on, when they are on line with other gun shop commandos.

Amen, Rufe!

Take a look at these auctions on the otherside...
http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=484399

http://www.GunBroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=716063

Edited by - tsr1965 on 03/03/2018 07:34:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

khornet

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  5:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

rufe-snow
Advanced Member

18236 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2018 :  7:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khornet

As I said, in my first post. If they don't bring out a new gen every year. Folks would just keep on shooting their older guns, and Glock would be hurting. Some deluded folks, just have to have the latest and greatest. To keep up with the Jones's. They have to have something to brag on, when they are on line with other gun shop commandos.

Go to Top of Page

Krony

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  09:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asop

Don't know much about them. That being said what are the pro and cons of the mod. 26 generation 4 vs. the generation 5? Thanks

Cons would be it holds 2 rounds less than a S&W M&P9C, and in my opinion is not as comfortable in the hand. I really like mine, have not heard if they are coming with that variant in the Gen 2.
Go to Top of Page

rsnyder55
Advanced Member

2848 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2018 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All mine are Gen 3 thanks to CA. The only thing I miss is being able to switch the mag release from right to left handed which came with Gen 4.

NRA Endowment Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page