GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 NPB exchange
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4408 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  1:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that it is very hazardous to be a GunBroker bidder with no feedback. They have a much higher rate of winning an auction and then suddenly being involved in a serious accident. We used to let them off the hook or let them pay our fees, etc. but after so many we simply have the policy of either pay or don't, and we will go through the NPB process, helps weed out the idiots so no one else has to deal with them.

Here is the latest exchange starting with his response to our standard email to winning bidders:

Him: To whom this may concern I put in a bid for this item earlier and I found that I won. Iím a city transit driver here in NC. I was involved in a accident with the bus and Iím hurt. I fractured my knee cap and damaged my shoulder. Iím going for an MRI tomorrow and I have learned that my job is in limbo. I want your item and would have gladly paid for it tomorrow but with my job in limbo I have no money coming in this week. Iím pleading with you asking you to free me from this. I have got to be stingy with the little money that I have now. Three children to take care of and a wife. I apologize for this. I didnít see this happening to me

Our Response: Well, the way this works is, you bid on the item in question, and that constitutes a legal contract. So, if you cannot or will not complete the transaction, we will start a non paying bidder action against you on GunBroker, which will result in your removal from GunBroker. Sorry, but that's the way the process works. Listing items takes time and costs us money as well, and sold items also cost in the form of fees once the item is sold. So, in conclusion, the ball is in your court, and we will proceed with the non paying bidder process unless we hear otherwise.

Him: Well I hope nothing like Iím experiencing ever happens to you. The question will be why is this happening to me God. Just remember what you said. Thatís the way it works. I didnít ask for this to happen and if it didnít happen I would have paid you by now. If you shake your head and say itís not going to happen to me. Well itís on you. Do onto others as you would do onto you.

Him(New email): My injuries are on file at the Veterans Hospital.

Him(Again new email): I will call Monday with payment. I borrowed from my mother

Him(Yet again new email): Of course I'm going to leave negative feedback

So, the jerk is possibly going to pay for the auction and leave US BAD FEEDBACK for having the audacity to ask for payment. Like I stated above this stuff only seems to come out of the NR bidders. Support has removed unwarranted bad feedback in the past from this goofballs so hoping they will again.

My auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=688208

drydocksports.com

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32910 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  1:51:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excuses are just excuses for not honoring a commitment.

Over my lifetime in the rental business, retail business, money lending business, repair business, etc. ~ there are very few I haven't heard.

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968
Go to Top of Page

likemhot

2438 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  1:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living paycheck to paycheck with 3 children and a wife and bidding on guns.....seems like a sensible guy.
Go to Top of Page

Sam06
Advanced Member

15103 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  1:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have bought over 100 items here and had only two marginal experiences both the sellers fault.

One a seller advertised the ammo as 38 Super but in fact it was 38 Auto. He told me his mistake and we went our separate ways.

The other was a guy had a gun that was messed up. I told him I could fix it and what the parts cost plus shipping. He sent me a check to cover it no problems. He knew the gun had problems but did not state it.

You guys sell a bunch of stuff so I guess you have more interactions with people than I do.

Reds Gun Shop was my 1st seller to buy a gun from and he helped me out big time. Now I do things a certain way just like Reds Trading post taught me too.

RLTW

Proud white heteronormative cis-male member of the Kyriarchy

Liberalism: The haunting feeling that someone, somewhere, might be having a good time.
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  2:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam06

I have bought over 100 items here and had only two marginal experiences both the sellers fault.

One a seller advertised the ammo as 38 Super but in fact it was 38 Auto. He told me his mistake and we went our separate ways.

The other was a guy had a gun that was messed up. I told him I could fix it and what the parts cost plus shipping. He sent me a check to cover it no problems. He knew the gun had problems but did not state it.

You guys sell a bunch of stuff so I guess you have more interactions with people than I do.

Reds Gun Shop was my 1st seller to buy a gun from and he helped me out big time. Now I do things a certain way just like Reds Trading post taught me too.

You're lucky your sellers were reputable. Mine described item incorrectly and would not take the return, then gave me a neg. Needless to say, that being my first purchase I have to shop elseware.

I sold my P38 here, my first auction, and sold some ammo and had stellar transactions. Something I have noticed is the seasoned sellers take advantage of the newbie buyers knowing they will be protected by GB Tech help. That is sad, and why I shop elseware.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4408 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  2:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mag00

quote:

You're lucky your sellers were reputable. Mine described item incorrectly and would not take the return, then gave me a neg. Needless to say, that being my first purchase I have to shop elseware.

I sold my P38 here, my first auction, and sold some ammo and had stellar transactions. Something I have noticed is the seasoned sellers take advantage of the newbie buyers knowing they will be protected by GB Tech help. That is sad, and why I shop elseware.

Are you insinuating we did something wrong here by asking the person to pay for the item he won?

I wouldn't put it as GB customer service taking sides with "seasoned sellers", more they take the side of whichever party is "right".

drydocksports.com

Edited by - shootuadeal on 03/12/2018 2:32:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

dav1965
Advanced Member

USA
11765 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  3:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How does seasoned sellers take advantage of the newbie buyers knowing they will be protected by GB.

I only have about 50 transactions buying and i have never had a bad one.

My FFL got mad about a seller who shipped ammo and the pistol together. To make it even worse the gun was loaded and chambered.
Go to Top of Page

tomh.
Advanced Member

USA
3307 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  7:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I'm reading this, I'm thinking, "I would gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today."
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  9:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shootuadeal

quote:

quote:

Are you insinuating we did something wrong here by asking the person to pay for the item he won?

I wouldn't put it as GB customer service taking sides with "seasoned sellers", more they take the side of whichever party is "right".

You didn't ask them, you threatened them. You may not see it that way, but you did. You know the rules here and played hardball.

And you would be wrong on the second part too. I have first hand experience which cannot be discussed in the forums.

Maybe you could ask some of the other high volume sellers how to convert potential trouble into happy customers. You have some damage control to do to save yourself from the F you have earned so far.

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4408 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2018 :  10:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You didn't ask them, you threatened them. You may not see it that way, but you did. You know the rules here and played hardball.

And you would be wrong on the second part too. I have first hand experience which cannot be discussed in the forums.

Maybe you could ask some of the other high volume sellers how to convert potential trouble into happy customers. You have some damage control to do to save yourself from the F you have earned so far.

I should Know better than to argue with you but I'll bite.

I didn't deserve an F, I am simply making sure he holds up his end of the contract he entered into with us when he placed his bid.

I see why you are sticking up for the non paying bidder after checking your feedback on the auction side, you are one yourself

Lastly, he called today and near as I can tell over the phone seems to have changed his attitude, he will get an A from us for bidding on, winning and auction, then paying...which is how it works.

Should he leave us an F for making him pay we will probably modify our feedback to reflect the unwarranted feedback we got. We may also ask GB Support to look at our email exchange and see if they also agree the feedback was unwarranted. We had to do that one other time when someone was being a jerk We are very proud of our nearly perfect feedback we have accumulated over all the years on here. We have thus far accumulated 2 B's, 3 A's and 829 A+s, not bad if you ask me.

drydocksports.com
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

14270 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  01:02:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first started buying on GB and not yet understanding how folks used the feedback , I gave a seller a B. At that time I thought a B was pretty good. I now know differently and would have given him higher marks.

I have no time for folks who want to weasel out of a contract. I think you did well by sticking to your guns.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

ďThe highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you donít know anything about.Ē
- Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

Horse Plains Drifter
Advanced Member

Botswana
31586 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  1:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Support has removed unwarranted bad feedback in the past from this goofballs so hoping they will again.

Yep, I would just forward those email exchanges between you, and him along to GB. They'll straighten it out.

81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad

CA #8....3%

Go to Top of Page

Big Sky Redneck
Advanced Member

Kuwait
17352 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  2:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I buy something on GB I have cash on hand before clicking the bid or buy button, never rely on that ďnext paycheckĒ and I try to search auctions with a BIN, too impatient for bidding wars.

Also, someone may want to rethink that ďshop elsewhereĒ comment, just sayin.

Oh, if he leaves you an F and GB thinks it was retailiatory and not warranted they will remove it.
Go to Top of Page

Marc1301
Advanced Member

USA
34297 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had a few dealings with shootuadeal, and all were great experiences. He did absolutely nothing wrong here.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Thomas Jefferson

"Beam me up Scotty. There's no intelligent life down here." William Shatner
Go to Top of Page

mlincoln
Advanced Member

5145 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  10:16:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's another side to this coin. Every now and then here on GunBroker there's a no-feedback or low-feedback buyer who seems to really drive the price of a gun up mighty high. I recently purchased a shotgun I really like and noticed the fellow was selling another. I thought seriously about getting a second, and then noticed that a one feedback buyer bidding against a no-feedback buyer had driven the price up $200 over what I paid.

Everybody has to start somewhere. I was once that no-feedback buyer just starting out. At the same time, I sometimes wonder if the sellers are really getting a good deal here. If I bid on a gun and win, I am calling the next day with my credit card in hand, ready to pay. How often is this no-feedback buyer really going through with the sale?
Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4408 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marc1301

I have had a few dealings with shootuadeal, and all were great experiences. He did absolutely nothing wrong here.

Thanks Marc, I appreciate it.

drydocksports.com
Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4408 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mlincoln

There's another side to this coin. Every now and then here on GunBroker there's a no-feedback or low-feedback buyer who seems to really drive the price of a gun up mighty high. I recently purchased a shotgun I really like and noticed the fellow was selling another. I thought seriously about getting a second, and then noticed that a one feedback buyer bidding against a no-feedback buyer had driven the price up $200 over what I paid.

Everybody has to start somewhere. I was once that no-feedback buyer just starting out. At the same time, I sometimes wonder if the sellers are really getting a good deal here. If I bid on a gun and win, I am calling the next day with my credit card in hand, ready to pay. How often is this no-feedback buyer really going through with the sale?

I am not really knocking the NR bidders, the vast majority of them are just new, they may need a little extra help getting through their first transaction but that is just fine. We like helping new people through the process.

It is the NR bidders that win something then refuse to complete the deal, most of the time the come up with some excuse as to why they are unable to, such as "I've just been involved in a serious accident" which is the most common excuse they come up with.

drydocksports.com
Go to Top of Page

44pinshooter

USA
913 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  7:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have only had one non-paying bidder.
I understand how life goes and always give 2 - 3 days for the buyer to answer thier emails.
After 5 - 6 days I am emailing and asking what is going on.
So far it has worked well.
Early on when i started selling here. I sold a Mossberg 500. just a good old huntin' gun. Never heard from the buyer. He had good feedback. So, OK, I am about to start the NPB deal, when I get a phone call. The man said that he was the father of the buyer and that 9 days ago he was killed in a car wreck. He said that he was clearing up his son's business dealings and found my emails.
He wanted to know how to finish this deal, as this was a contract and business is business. I told him that he didn't have to pay for the shotgun unless he wanted it. He said that there were enough guns from his son and that he didn't want or need it. I told him that I would just forget about it and that I was sorry for his lose. He then offered to pay for any fees or costs from the auction. I thanked him for his offer and said no and said that we are good.
Relisted the gun and it sold for $35.00 more than the first time.
Got my fees back.

Exposure to the Son, will pervent burning.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page