GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 On the new auction side seller update...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
6356 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  10:56:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GB mentions that they strongly encourage that you become a credit card merchant and use the immediate check out system..Can a regular Joe, who doesn't own a business get a merchant account to take cards? Hope that this is neutral enough to not get locked...

grdad45
Advanced Member

USA
2945 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2018 :  11:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing. If not, I won't be selling anything else on GB. I don't sell very much, but certainly not going to go into the credit card business.

F&AM,PDDGM 2014, NRA-life,
SAF,VN Vet, Hardcore Patriot
Go to Top of Page

remingtonoaks
Advanced Member

USA
18168 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  01:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The answer is yes, but you'll have to talk to your bank and open up a business account through them to do it

Edited by - remingtonoaks on 03/14/2018 01:12:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sig220_Ruger77
Advanced Member

USA
10521 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  03:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't read the latest email/changes, but is this a must do thing, or heading in that direction thing?

I too randomly sell items on here and I have zero interest in taking a card, as I'm a private seller.

Jon

Trusted GunBroker forum moderator and all around good guy, montanajoe on Glock pistols...."yes, I admit, they do make for a nice picture."

"You all say what ever you want about Glocks. When this old world ends there will be cock roaches climbing over Ak's and Glocks." -- Ricci Wright

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=927910

20 gauge, .22LR, .25 Auto, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223(5.56), .22-250, .277 Wolverine, .308 Winchester
Go to Top of Page

toad67
Advanced Member

USA
6356 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  09:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

I haven't read the latest email/changes, but is this a must do thing, or heading in that direction thing?

I too randomly sell items on here and I have zero interest in taking a card, as I'm a private seller.

Jon

It doesn't appear that it will be mandatory. It appears those that go with the immediate checkout and take cards will get some sort of reduced rate(s). Not sure if that means reducing for those sellers, or increasing the fees for those who don't use the function.
Go to Top of Page

Locust Fork

USA
29668 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  09:33:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not going to be mandatory that sellers take credit cards, but if you sell a large number of items through Gun Broker and want to qualify for the discount rate you must be set up to take immediate payment through the checkout system.

Gun Broker is just trying to "nudge" the sellers that use the site for retail sales to be 20th century users so they buyers will get that instant gratification website purchases should have.

Click here to check out my auctions?..I double dog dare you to!!!

Go to Top of Page

shootuadeal
Advanced Member

USA
4370 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like it won't effect anyone that makes occasional sales.

The email reads it is for the top 100 and top 1000 sellers, those two categories of sellers get a discount on fees but only if they use checkout. I have seesawed back and forth on setting it up, the only thing keeping me from doing it was I hate setting up new accounts and stuff like that, their "NUDGE" I guess worked this time, I just sent an email to one of the processing places.

My auctions: http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=688208

drydocksports.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page