GunBroker.com Message Forums
Review our Posting Guidelines
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?   Trouble / Can't log in?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Google's Manipulation of Search Results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captplaid
Advanced Member

USA
19893 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell me I am being paranoid here and tell me there is a logical explanation. A friend created A blog about a certain Congressman and some sexting pictures that are floating around the internet. The Congressman's name and the words "sexting", "Dossier" and the word "exposure" are used in the blog entry. Remarkably, the blog never shows up in Google searches.

Previous blogs on different subjects can show up in Google searches based on keywords but nothing here. Blogs wit less hits than this one show up in Google searches.

Just as an experiment, a link to the blog was posted on an obscure firearms forum. It was posted for about 12 hours before being deleted. Even after being deleted, that link to to the obscure firearm's forum shows up on Google searches.

Is Google shadow banning this blog? Does the blogs content trip an algorithm to man every it not show up in searches or is there a logical explanation for this?

It jut seems strange to us that a blog on such an unusual subject never shows up on a Google search.

http://kinzingerdossier.blogspot.com

Henry Bowman 2016

wpageabc
Advanced Member

USA
7767 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  07:14:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing google can do and will do surprises me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg
Go to Top of Page

Krony

USA
276 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  08:00:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm skeptical of any company that shows political bias when it makes no sense for them to do so. Google would fall into that category.
Go to Top of Page

skicat
Advanced Member

14270 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  08:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Google, face book, youtube, all the prog lib lefty owned and operated mega corps censor the data. They are un American and evil.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." Ron Paul

“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.”
- Wayne Dyer
Go to Top of Page

chiefr
Advanced Member

USA
9400 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krony

I'm skeptical of any company that shows political bias when it makes no sense for them to do so. Google would fall into that category.

Toss in; You Tube, F__book, and Twitter.
All Liberal DEMOCRAT controlled.
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36224 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
add ebay and their self serving paypal ..i have deleted them both
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
Advanced Member

12841 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yahoo keeps kicking me off , i.e. signing in, time and time again, then
doesn't respond,,I think, because of my slanted views towards the right.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
5289 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a sneaky suspicion that you have to PAY to play these days in the World Wide Web.
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
7525 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  11:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elon Musk is concerned about artificial intelligence. During an interview Musk was questioned "do you worry specifically about any of the companies interviewed"

Musk answered, "there is only one". Never named who but to me that is GOOGLE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0t2oFRIFuE

Googles motto was DON'T DO EVIL for over a decade. Then it was suddenly dropped.
http://time.com/4060575/alphabet-google-dont-be-evil/

This is another short Musk interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmPX8-HK1os

A.I. being dangerous has been talked about for 70+ years. Starting in the 60's read more than a lot of science fiction and MUCH of it has come true.

70+ years ago it was Isaac Asimov who said.

In 1942, the science fiction author Isaac Asimov published a short story called Runaround in which he introduced three laws that governed the behaviour of robots. The three laws are as follows:

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Edited by - droptop on 03/14/2018 12:23:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

spasmcreek
Advanced Member

36224 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and of course the robots PROMISED to follow orders ?????
Go to Top of Page

droptop
Advanced Member

USA
7525 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spasmcreek

and of course the robots PROMISED to follow orders ?????

Actually, NO but it wasn't their fault, it was a Google Libtard Programmer.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
5289 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just watched the movie "I Robot" a couple of nights ago.

The "Terminator" series was also about how machines turn on us.

I guess that I will never look at a smart TV quite the same way!
Go to Top of Page

mag00
Advanced Member

4208 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captplaid

Tell me I am being paranoid here and tell me there is a logical explanation. A friend created A blog about a certain Congressman and some sexting pictures that are floating around the internet. The Congressman's name and the words "sexting", "Dossier" and the word "exposure" are used in the blog entry. Remarkably, the blog never shows up in Google searches.

Previous blogs on different subjects can show up in Google searches based on keywords but nothing here. Blogs wit less hits than this one show up in Google searches.

Just as an experiment, a link to the blog was posted on an obscure firearms forum. It was posted for about 12 hours before being deleted. Even after being deleted, that link to to the obscure firearm's forum shows up on Google searches.

Is Google shadow banning this blog? Does the blogs content trip an algorithm to man every it not show up in searches or is there a logical explanation for this?

It jut seems strange to us that a blog on such an unusual subject never shows up on a Google search.

http://kinzingerdossier.blogspot.com

Go to the google tools and get the code to put on the website to call the bots in. If after that it does not show up, take it to the news. Oh wait, they don't care.

Just quit using google, problem solved. DuckDuckgo....

"My guns aren't worth dying for, but my freedoms are". guns-n-painthorses 3-30-2018

If anything can go right, it will go right and at the best possible time.
Go to Top of Page

Brookwood
Advanced Member

USA
5289 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  12:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure do miss Dog Pile and Ask Geeve's!
Go to Top of Page

us55840
Advanced Member

USA
32566 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  1:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why use Google that tracks every site you visit and then sends you tons of ads and popups?

Use DuckDuckGo .... no tracking ever!

Check it out: https://duckduckgo.com/

The government has no rights. Only the PEOPLE have rights that empower the government.

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.
Abraham Lincoln

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It is they way it is. The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference.

All comments posted here are my opinion as expressed via the 1st Amendment of the US Constitution.

United States Army ~ 1966-1968 USARSUPTHAI 1967-1968

Edited by - us55840 on 03/14/2018 1:26:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

gruntled
Advanced Member

10777 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  3:47:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What bugged me earlier this week was when I went to the Social Security site to get a replacement card. The top site that showed up said I had to pay. At least I realized it was a bogus site before I entered any vital information.
Go to Top of Page

Captplaid
Advanced Member

USA
19893 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  3:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried duckduckgo before and unhappy with the results. Tried it today and there it is, top of the list. Also the list is more of what I'd expect rather than the happy happy propaganda that shows up with Google. Interesting.

Henry Bowman 2016
Go to Top of Page

dreher
Advanced Member

USA
5783 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Mr. Computer Dummy here. How do I get Google off my computer?? I'm assuming that Duckduckgo is just follow the prompts?? and you end up signed up?? All appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
38360 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  5:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It right up for me...
Go to Top of Page

Captplaid
Advanced Member

USA
19893 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2018 :  9:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is frosting me. Makes me wonder if Google has a list of players in Washington they will protect by manipulating Google searches to bury such.

Henry Bowman 2016
Go to Top of Page

shilowar
Advanced Member

USA
38360 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  03:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captplaid

This is frosting me. Makes me wonder if Google has a list of players in Washington they will protect by manipulating Google searches to bury such.

When you search using google you are not actually searching the internet, you are searching Google's archive of the internet. I googled his name sexting exposure dossier. The very first story was :

Congressman Adam Kinzinger Sexting Exposed? - Kinzinger Dossier
https://kinzingerdossier.blogspot.com/.../congressman-adam-kinzinger-sexting.html?m...
Rep. Kinzinger uttered that scornful quote when he discussed General Michael Flynn's scrutinized situation in early 2017 shortly after President Trump took office. In January 2017, Flynn was being hounded for his initiated discussions he held as a transition team member with “Russian diplomats,” which were retrieved by ...

Edited by - shilowar on 03/15/2018 03:26:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GunBroker.com Message Forums © 1999-2017 GB Investments, Inc. All Rights Reserved Go To Top Of Page