In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

DD 214 On Line Access Available

HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access their DD-214 online: vetrecs.archives.gov.

This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files.

Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site.

Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records center's mailroom processing time.

Comments

• bakmc3bakmc3 Member Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes for those that are interested,the national personal records center in st.louis,mo. is the place to get your d.d.214 really fast.go on line to there web site and fill out form 180 and send it to them.you can fill it out on line.make a copy and SIGN IT,fax it to them,the next day you can e-mail them and check your status,they will answer you a.s.a.p.,and tell you about how long it will take.i JUST done it.it took 3 week's from start to finish,and they also gathered some other records for me to.[:)]
  • walther86walther86 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a great way to get the 214. It's so important that all of us vets get these right now. I'm on a Military Funeral Honors team and you wouldn't believe how hard it is for some of these family members to get a hold of these. Let's make sure everybody gets the honors they deserve when they pass on and make sure our families know where our 214's are.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Thank's for posting this!Year's ago i sent off for my DD214 because VA lost mine.Took about 6 mo's.I keep half a dozen copies on hand now.
  • kerkkerk Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just did mine a few weeks ago. It was in my mailbox in about a week.