In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shark Fishing

0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
edited October 2016 in The Fishing Hole!
Black tip we caught last year. Didn't weigh it, catch n release but estimated 75-80lbs
15ohueb.jpg

Comments

• 317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • 0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 317wc
    Where you at?

N. Myrtle Cherry Grove.
  • 317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lucky! The only shark I've caught was a 30" sand shark. I was pumped, I mean, it was a shark after all. Nothing like that one, though. I've always wanted to catch a salmon shark. Do the fight pretty hard, blacktips I mean?
  • 0oAKo47o00oAKo47o0 Member Posts: 409 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea they make for a good fight that size. 2 1/2 hours to bring him in on a 4/0 penn senator. Had one on earlier that night even bigger, think it was a big tiger. Brought me to my knees several times and almost drug me into the water on one run.
    Ended up snapping the 80lb braid more than 200 yards out on the final run. Estimate he was well over 200lb fish.
  • CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good catch, I make soup and cooking broth with the fins.
    I have a couple Jap recipes and one Inca that I had to promise
    not to divulge, Shark fin is some real good stuff[:p]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a youngster we caught a 12' Hammer Head. Lashed to the back of the boat and brought it into the dock area. Cut it open and she had "Pink" babies inside. Decided to have one mounted and the guy painted it the typical gray tones[xx(] I was rather disappointed as I just assumed it would arrive in the "Pink" color. Still have the thing[:(!]
  • slingerslinger Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0oAKo47o0
    quote:Originally posted by 317wc
    Where you at?

N. Myrtle Cherry Grove.

Oh, glad it wasn't Lake Tahoe.[:)]