In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fishing pole repair.

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited October 2017 in The Fishing Hole!
Anyone know a good site?

My wife has a custom 9'6" lightweight pole an ex got her years ago. Has her name on it and everything. (FAirly expensive combo with the reel). Anyhow we just got back from a weeklong trip to Canada where we spent a good portion of our time fishing and her pole got broken.

The good news is that it is a 2 piece rod and just the top piece got broken. The handle section the holes the reel is 100% fine.

Where can I find a replacement piece and what info do I need to pick out the right size? Fixing a rod is new to me as I've only ever had cheapo walmart rods that got replaced when broken.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - "Mudhole" <commercial company> has rod building supplies. Depending on the type of damage - you might find it less expensive to make a new upper section than someone trying to "fix" the original upper section.

That being said "substituteteacher" on this site has built 4-weight fly rods for me. Unfortunately - I don't have his contact information readily available - but if I find it - I will post it back here for you.

Edit - I forgot to mention - if you still have the broken part of the rod - you can measure the diameter of the rod at the broken area with a micrometer <if you don't have one - you can get one that will work for your needs at Harbor Freight> and get a furrule of the proper diameter - cement each end - and the rod is repaired - just has an extra section.

Best Regards - AQH

Edit Again - OK - I now have his contact information.

"Steve,
    I would be happy to try and repair it for him. Where is he located and have him contact me at this email. (dworley790@gmail.com)
    Thanks - Don Worley."
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    Got it. Thank you much.
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - tomorrow (October 8) will be 45 days since your response - Mr. Worley has not been contacted. Do you no longer need his services?? Did you find a way to repair it yourself??

Best Regards - AQH