In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do you catch

victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Fishing Hole!
frogs?

Set up & bait?

Comments

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used a small crappie jig on the end of a rod/reel. I just move it back and forth about 2 inches over the frog's head and if I got the color right or have been able to match what is flying around, the frog will usually grab it.....
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got in the water and hand caught them. For some reason, approaching them from the water rather than the shore made them hold in place rather than jumping away.
  • the real popeyethe real popeye Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    take a red piece of cloth or red tape on a small treble hook and just put it close enough for the frog to see it. the frog will do the rest. they will attack, even chase it sometimes and make a barking sound when they jump.
    it's a real hoot man you'll love it.
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to hook-n-line them the hard part is spotting them to make a presentation.

I've used small crappie jigs - just get it right in front of it and instinct takes over.

When I was a kid, I used to hunt 'em at night with my Crossman BB gun.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gig 'em at night.
    What's next?