In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Lake Ozark Fishing

18910111214»

Comments

• peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Liv2Fish
    Peabo why do you copy and paste my posts? Am I missing something ? I am sorry I don't get it....

when i don't have anything to say/add, i just want you to know that some of us are reading your posts. i reply with quote but say nothing
  • Liv2FishLiv2Fish Member Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fishing has been just ok when I get out on the water. i wanted to go today but got caught up in a project and never made the lake. Tomorrow is going to be the day. We have a great forecast for the next 10 days so look out fish... peobo thanks for telling me that... I appreicate your reading and I just didn't want to peeeeee anyone off. Thanks for being a reader.
    edited November -1
    Fishing has been just ok when I get out on the water. i wanted to go today but got caught up in a project and never made the lake. Tomorrow is going to be the day. We have a great forecast for the next 10 days so look out fish... peobo thanks for telling me that... I appreicate your reading and I just didn't want to peeeeee anyone off. Thanks for being a reader.

KEEP WRITING AND I'LL KEEP READING -- SINCE I CAN'T FISH ANYMORE, I REALLY ENJOY IT. SOME PICTURES WOULD HELP THOUGH.

THANKS --- PEABO
    edited November -1
    Peabo I am sorry but for some reason I can't post pictures on here. I have lots of pictures on my web site bigedsguideservice.com. The fishing here at the lake is the worse it has ever been for winter time fishing. Cold and Muddy water just doesn't go together. Going to give it a try again tomorrow as we are expecting a warming trend through the weekend. We had skim ice here the past few days and the backs of the covers are frozen but the main lake is open. It does however look like you could plant corn in it. Normally this lake is clear 15 foot or better of visbilty but not this year.. The fish are in shock.. If this was April, May or June you could smoke them...
    edited November -1
    Just got back from a cruise and ready to fish.. Went the other day and caught several bass and a couple of dandy's on a crankbait. I kissed a Stingray on the cruise so that gives me 8 years of good luck. SO WATCH OUT FISH!
    edited November -1
    Good day on the pond today . We caught several bass the best 5 would of been close to 20 lbs. The water temp barely made 50 and the wind was blowing so hard the birds were walking.
    edited November -1
    Been real busy and have been posting on another site. The fishing at the lake has bee real weird because of the weather and the muddy water.. One day you can go kick their but t other days it is like pulling teeth.. Oh well I guess hat it is called fishing not always catching.

Have a good time guys ....
    edited November -1
    Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all of the vets out there. Without you we would not be able to enjoy things like we do....
    edited November -1
    Been fishing lots and catching them half decent ! Have a great day..
    edited November -1
    Happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all of the vets out there. Without you we would not be able to enjoy things like we do....
    edited November -1
    Wow I din't realize how long it has been since i have visited here. Been fishing every day and not killing them but doing ok. This lake is fishing really tough this year for some reason. I just got back from Cedar Lake in Canada where we just flat kicked the dogstuff out of the smallmouth bass. I had a great time.... Already making plans for our return trip next year. Good fishing You guys!
    edited November -1
    Caught them this morning on a drop shot rig out on the ends of points. the fish have just stopped wanting my old friend the ten inch worm.I guess that is why it is called fishing not always catching...
    edited November -1
    Been catching them real good lately.. Last night I took a friend out and I caught a mixed bag. I caught White Bass. Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish Black Bass and Kentucky Bass.I caught them all off the same point on the same CRANKBAIT. Yep I was fishing a Deep N and all the fish were trying to get into the boat. I helped them..... Good Fishing!
    edited November -1
    Good day fellow fisherman...... I have been catching the bass real good on a drop shot .. However last night we caught them like a crazy on a Pop R as we lucked out and found them chasing shad. Then after that stopped we fished a couple of other spots and then we found the White Bass. We caught them real good for at least an hour. It was cast reel catch fish take off cast reel catch fish. It was a hoot.... Going to go get them again tonight.... Have a good one guys Big Ed out!!!
    edited November -1
    Cooler weather is on us and it is changing the fishing daily. Had been catching fish on a big worm and now they wont eat it.. I have been catching fish on a drop shot real good so tomorrow that will give it a try. Been catching fish on top water on the corners of the docks hope that pattern gets stronger. It should as the fish are starting to move into the coves following the shad. been a while since I have been on here been a busy summer...
    edited November -1
    Had a little neck surgery couple of weeks ago . I had several vertebrae fused and I feel 100% better. I did venture out in my cove today and caught a few. The water temperature is in the lower 60s and the air temp was in the lower 60s also. The fish are ganged up on the corners of the big docks and are eager to eat. Caught about fifteen bass in a couple of hours. No monsters just good quality fish..The temp is going to take a plunge tomorrow so I hope to fish just one more time.
    edited November -1
    Fished just a little today Dang cold it was.. The water temp is 58 and cler . Caught a few on a crankbait. There should be better days ahead
    edited November -1
    Catching crappie like crazy. Water temp is in the low 50s and all you have to do is look for them on the locator and start catching... The fish are along the big docks and are suspended down about ten feet in water twenty foot or deeper. The crappie are nice size for the table twelve to 14 inches long. Catching lots of smaller one also. We caught our limits 15 each in less than two hours yesterday..
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone !!!! Dang I have been busy sitting on the couch nursing a back surgery. However I hope to be back at them this week again... This past weekend her at the lake The bass were jumping in the boat.. There were over 25 20 pound five fish limits brought to the scales. The bite is on that is for sure... Do you know how hard that is to sit on a chair stare at the lake and can't go fishing... Hope it happens soon.. come fish beautiful lake of the Ozarks and give it a try...
    edited November -1
    Lake of the Ozarks is on Fire.. this past weekend it took over 20 pounds to cash a check in the tournaments.. That's a four pound average.. The lake isn't really giving the fish up super easy but throw a mo rig and you will catch them.. i perfer a spinnerbait in the backs of windy coves ...This weekend we are going to get some snow so that will slow things down some....
    edited November -1
    Unreal fishing here at Beautiful Lake of the Ozarks. The fish are biting like crazy and it is really easy picking for me right now. A guides dream come true I guess you could say. All you have to do is find them on the locator on a main lake point and catch them. It is really almost that easy. Drop shot drag a turd it is almost that easy. Good times for sure for sure...
    edited November -1
    Been a long time since I have been on here. I had a real good summer however I have been on the sidelines for the past few weeks because of back surgery the day before Thanksgiving. I fished all humped over all summer as if someone kicked me in the well you know where but made it through. It was beautiful today and I wasn't able to fish that sucked you know.Changes coming soon.....
    I worked on my tackle display as I have gotten into the custom painting fishing lure business as what started as a hobby and has gone nuts. I have the Collinsville Lets Go Fishing Show the first weekend in January and I have a bunch of stuff that I hope to sell. My wife hopes so also... Have a good one good fishing

Big Ed
    edited November -1
    I have been fishing almost every day at least ones that are fairly warm. We have been pretty much ice free except for a week in Jan. The fish are biting a jerk bait and the bass fishing is fair to good. The big Crappie are eating a jerk bait also and they are really shallower than they are for this time of the year. Now is the time to catch big bass as the girls are fat and sassy this time of the year.

Good luck to all of you !!!
    edited November -1
    Been a bit since I have been on here . The fishing this year at the lake has been weird. I have caught lots but the size is not as good as in the past. I really don't know why other than the water temp is way warmer than normal this time of the year. We have a surface temp of over ninty and it is n the 80s. It has been in the 90s now for at least three weeks.
    I hope every one has been catching them and look forward to someday meeting some of you.

Big Ed
    bigedsguideservice.com
    edited November -1
    Been a while since I have been on here I hope everyone is doing well. I am recovering from a recent back surgery so I have been landlocked for w while. Good fishing to all and have a great Thanksgiving!
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    Hope you are doing alright Old Buddy, wherever you might be!  And, hope you are still having fun fishing!!!
    What's next?