In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hopkins & Allen over/under blackpowder rifle

skeeterbobskeeterbob Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
I have a Hopkins & Allen swivel-breech over/under blackpowder rifle missing the lock and hammer and associated parts . Numrich is out of stock .
skeeterbsa@gmail.com

Comments

• skeeterbobskeeterbob Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    I'm still looking for the parts. Any help would be appreciated.
    edited November -1
    Still looking.
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try Dixie gun works and Jack first...

Mike
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestions,Mike, but neither even carry parts for H&A .
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestions, Mike, but neither even carry parts for H&A . The only source I know of is Numrich , but they haven't had all of the needed parts for some time.
    Bob
    edited November -1
    I was thinking about the gun as a reproduction or clone or continuation - from Spain or Italy or turkey or Belgium...

Not in my minds eye seeing your H&A as an authentic period correct vintage north American production item...

My intent - my angle is that with many repros and clones the parts sometimes will interchange with the original - and have a commonality amongst clones of different time frames and COO's...

As an example many well educated folk don't understand how many colts are made in Spain or Italy - how many Winchesters are miroku and made in Japan - how many north American prominent names have been slapped on private label or contract run guns from turkey or Russia...

Ie. The last Winchester wildcat rifle (not the current newest variant) was made in Russia by TOZ ...

Or that their Colt .380 acp or .32 acp or .25 auto semiautomatic pistol from the 60's and 70's come from Spain...

I wonder if someone has not in the past or is not now making a clone or repro of your gun - and if there are not a commonality or interchangeability amongst certain parts.

Mike
    edited November -1
    Mike , the H&A O/U has a swivel breech . I'm not familiar with others which are similar , but would welcome any information.
    Bob
    edited November -1
    http://underhammers.blogspot.com/2010/05/replicating-original-numrich-arms.html?m=1

There is a collector's association / fan club of these rifles and what appear to be (or have been) a multitude of reproductions / clones / copies / continuations...

"John Taylor" has responded to this thread in 2016 and appears to be one of a number of folk currently building variants or kits or parts or different / improved models

The contact info for him and his company is referenced in the above-mentioned link several times...

I have found other posts / threads / correspondence / updates online from Mr. Taylor dating from 2017 and 2018

Perhaps direct contact with the society or with Mr. Taylor would yield fruit...

Even if some catastrophe has occurred and his facility was wiped out by a zombie apocalypse - it would appear that he had a 7-10 year production run - and that examples of his work would likely be source able through the assoc. And it's members...

That's the cream on the top of the milk - a deeper dive should reveal other sources / resources / possible solutions to your parts needs...

I would not have referenced reproductions or clones or continuation models if there was not some extant or recent supply or source available for you to explore.

If you do investigate further and have some joy - please note it here via an additional thread response so others may follow out trail of proverbial bread crumbs or find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow...

Best regards - hope this helps, Mike.
    edited November -1
    Mike, the H&A O/U isn't an underhammer . Its hammer is on the side in a fixed position while the barrels swivel or rotate into alignment with the hammer .
    I followed your link to the Underhammer Society and wasn't able to get any contact information.
    Thank you for your efforts to help me .
    Bob
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try "Track of the wolf".

They made/sold a swivel breach gun.
    here is a link [althro not your item}.
    \
    https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/763/1/LOCK-LR-800
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information, Babun . I contacted them but they have no parts for the rifle.