In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1100 2 3-4 in bbl conversion to 3in

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited March 2019 in Ask the Experts
I d like to convert a 1100 bbl to 3in. I have a mag reciever gun for it. I have a 2 3-4 in bbl. needs to be bored to 3 in and ports fixed. Any body do it.????

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,652 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be cheaper to just buy a 3" chambered barrel. There are some on the auction side.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    imo, get the 3" barrel. You will be money and miles ahead if/ when you sell it.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The interchangeability of 1100 barrels (& other parts) is no longer a certainty, due to design changes. You may be happier if you just sell what you have, & buy what you want.

Neal
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 2.75" barrel will work fine on your magnum receiver. If you need a 3", you'll be money ahead to get another barrel.
  • Options
    GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also the three inch barrel will work on the 2 3/4" receiver. My brother and several friends have used 3" barrels on their 2 3/4" receivers for years with no ill effects. I had 2 1100's, one 3" and one 2 3/4" until I found out they would interchange. Then I sold the 2 3/4" gun.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ejector on the 1100 is built into the barrel extrusion (if I recall correctly) so you would have to extend the chamber, modify the ejector, and modify the gas port system. Just buy a 3 inch barrel .