In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 22 target

claybustedclaybusted Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited June 2019 in Ask the Experts
I was told the Ruger 10/22T heavy barrel has been or will be soon discontinued. Any truth to that? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    claybustedclaybusted Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i emailed ruger, 10/22T was discontinued in 2018.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a shame. I was always a fan of their hammer forged target models. The one I have has shot a 1.17" 10 shot group at 100 yards. Not bad for Wolf target ammo and my declining ability.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    True, I purchased a stainless 20" heavy barrel one off of GB just because of being discontinued. It shoots super. Even with cheaper ammo. Ruger is now making some sort of competition 10/22 that costs like double what the target version did. There still may be some for sale on GB
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Purchased a stainless steel Ruger 10/22T w/laminated stock some years ago.......new.

Put a 3x9x40 scope on it.

That baby is a tack driver. Using 550 box Federal or Remington ammo, it will ping off a steel "T" post at slightly over 100 yards every time.

Great 22. rifle!

Didn't realize Ruger was discontinuing it.
    :(
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick&Dead wrote:
    Purchased a stainless steel Ruger 10/22T w/laminated stock some years ago.......new.

That baby is a tack driver. Using 550 box Federal or Remington ammo, it will ping off a steel "T" post at slightly over 100 yards every time.

Great 22. rifle!

+1000
    never seen a HB target 10/22 gun that didn't shoot great.

{and by the way...stop shooting my barb wire fence posts!!!]
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    babun wrote:
    Quick&Dead wrote:

Great 22. rifle!

+1000

{and by the way...stop shooting my barb wire fence posts!!!]

OK, from now on I'll just shoot at the wire!

:lol:
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    DEEREHARTDEEREHART Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1000

I purchased a used HB Stainless/laminated target about 10 years ago, Pretty gun.
    No matter what i did with that rifle it would never do better than 2 INCH GROUPS (100 yds)
    I sent it back to Ruger twice, They were sympathetic to my concerns but said it was within spec.
    The frustrating thing mostly was I have another 10/22 standard that will kick its butt on any day of the week. :shock: