In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Unknown Markings On Bullet Casing

RelicDougRelicDoug Member Posts: 13
edited March 2019 in Ask the Experts
First off, I beg your parrdon if this isn?t where this question should go.
Second, as my dad was walking through a recently-deceased neighbor?s backyard, he found this cartridge and we?re both confused as to where it might?ve come from.
05131468-B098-47-C8-837-D-33305632-A9-A6.jpg
C81-F2-D67-44-F1-4-AE8-96-D6-6433-B2-AECB16.jpg
I?m thinking it?s some kind of Russian or Eastern Bloc anti-material round but I know next to nothing about those types of ammo.
If anyone here can try and give me an origin or the type of ammo it is, that'd be great!

Comments

• 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like a .50 BMG round. They are used and loaded all over the world. This might explain the characters in the head stamp. Check the measurements against the SAAMI standards for that. The only other round I can think of that size is the CommBloc .51 for the "Dushka" heavy machine gun. It is both longer than the BMG (by about 10mm) but larger around as well.
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Got this of off a net forum, for similar headstamps.

"The 2 characters are hebrew for "TZ".
    made by the Tel Aviv arsenal. "T'aas T'zvaot" roughly translates to "for military use" by IMI".
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1