In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ruger 10/22

GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in Ask the Experts
What is the difference in the standard 10/22 22lr receiver as compared to the
10/22 22wmr? Thanks.

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nothing just a bit longer in the mag well,,they shoud of made it out of cast stainless it would still be in production then
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2 different receivers. 22lr is aluminum, the magnum is steel. The mag receiver is about 1 inch longer and the internals are different. The bolt needed to be a lot heavier for the mag shells and they had a metallurgy problem with it.
  • GeriGeri Member Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than Volquartsen, who makes a like and same as the 10/22 mag? Thanks
  • rufesnowrufesnow Member Posts: 241
    edited November -1
    Geri wrote:
    Other than Volquartsen, who makes a like and same as the 10/22 mag? Thanks

From my personal experience. I would recommend the Keltec. I've had one of their PMR 30 pistols for years. With close to 2400, trouble free rounds through it. Very accurate, with the ammo it likes. I would buy one of the carbine versions. If the prices had dropped as much as the pistols have.
    edited November -1
    Looking for a sporter/varmit rifle like the 10/22 M. Volquartsen fine but would like a sporter barrel size.
    All I heve seen/handled are to heave for what I would like. To bad about the 10/22M.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    savage A22 magum with an ACCU Trigger and u can get butler creek 25 rd mags for it....neat rifle
    edited November -1
    Would like something like the tcr 22, only in 22 wmr or 17 hmr.
    Maybe thompson center will do that. Thats my wish. Thanks for all the input.
    edited November -1
    Just looked at the savage A22. Looks like what I want. Will put hands on when I travel to the big city.
    Thanks again for all the input.