In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping to Canada

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know off hand if I can ship a pair of AR10 hand guards to Canada ?? I know that not to long ago you could buy them in Canada and have them shipped here.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    AR-15 hand guards are generally subject to (ITAR)- International Traffic in Arms Regulations, under the catch-all category of Tactical Gear and Weapon Accessories. My guess is that AR-10 hand guards would fall under the same restrictions.
  • Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont send parts or anything firearm out of the country :o
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several years ago, I shipped some handgun hard cases to a fellow in Canada. No problems.
    :)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    those arn't parts :lol:
  • Options
    Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mac10 wrote:
    those arn't parts :lol:

They ARE firearm accessories, however. You know, kinda like magazines, sights, grips, etc. ;)
    The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
    We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
    Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    there was a certain person we all know shipped a scope and it got confiscated
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can't send any scope outside of the country. That being said not to long ago there was a dealer (Wilke) in Matawan or something to that affect that was located just above Detroit in South Central Canada that was the biggest supplier of early AR 10 parts in the world and there were no problems buying from him. At that time I could have purchased a sniper upper w/scope, the only way you could put a scope on the early AR 10 at that time with no problems. I also didn't have any problems buying an AR 10 bayonet from Holland. I guess my best bet is to check with ATF. Oh and back to that scope thing, when ever you buy a scope at least from any on line companies it lists a restriction that these can't be shipped out of the country.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EXPORTS are items that are sent from the US to another country. The US Dept of State controls the export of firearms, & related items. What you can export, & what countries you can send them to, are to be found on the US Munitions List; it is online, but accessible only by paid subscription. Some items that you might think can legally be exported, may not be, depending upon the country; e.g., a laptop computer cannot be shipped to certain countries.

IMPORTS are items brought in the US from another country. The US Treasury Dept, BATFE, determines what firearms, parts, & accessories can be brought into the country.

In either case, you darn well better know the law & follow it. You aren't going to get offered a "Hillary plea".

Neal
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neal has posted some very useful and cogent information regarding trade items between the US and Canada. These guidelines, rules and laws can change on a daily basis depending on which country gets hurt feelings over trade tariffs and other financial tools which get used by governments.

U.S. hunters and shooters were benefiting from the products made by a bullet maker up in Canada until a few weeks ago when the U.S. tariffs made it impossible for him to ship to the U.S. The loss of U.S. dollars was so significant that he closed his business. This is not unlike the ITAR tax applied to gunsmiths here in the U.S. where we all get charged $2,250.00 per year to stay in business because of the ruling made by Obama's henchmen. This resulted in (as expected) the closing of hundreds of small businesses owned and operated by gunsmiths. Not the bigger businesses but the one-man shops so necessary to the maintenance and repair of many individual firearms. Legitimate small businesses making a living and paying taxes put out of business while pot growers make 10's of millions growing and selling drugs. Way to go Obama!

Look for and read the rules and regulations regarding sending anything across the border these days. You might be surprised by what you will be held accountable for...