In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Define factory new condition

penguin1penguin1 Member Posts: 97
edited August 2019 in Ask the Experts
Define factory new condition

Comments

• babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would define it as a gun from a dealer/warehouse NOT sold to anyone else.
    If a seller was a private person with an un-used gun, I still would NOT consider it factory new.
    JMHO
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plastic still on the seats of the New Corvette, not registered on the MSO.
  • charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can of worms IMHO. New in box, with hanging tags. Then there is never turned for a wheel gun.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    factory new = never sold at retail

if it was sold at retail then "as new"
  • navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Selling as a used gun but has no / zero blemishes. Unfired or minimal firing.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    would say same as car never titled, gun never sold and trasfered from the original dealers books......
  • penguin1penguin1 Member Posts: 97
    edited November -1
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Besides not being sold to anyone previously, it would also have to be as new from factory, definitely no rust spots, no marks on the slide unless test fired by factory ... after that is New Old Stock, then "As New never used/fired" ... I'm sorry to say I've overheard employees talk about shooting guns they'd received, for stock or transfer. I had a dealer I used for unusual/out of production, guns, that I'd seen extensive pic's of that would pass for new but obviously had 20+ ejection nicks when I received it, needless to say, I don't use that dealer any longer.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Just as the title states :

If an individual has it : Its 'as new' : hopefully with box and paperwork ? uotherwise its just used exc. cond. ::: No need to overstate it !!!

Either it is ? or Its Not :::

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think adding "factory" to the new condition means never sold previously, and in mint condition. If it has been sold, then it should be "like new in box". If it is unfired, then add that to it.

I greatly appreciate (and follow) the sellers that lets multitude of of pictures do the describing for them. One guy I have bought several guns from, is on my favorite sellers list. I have now bought two guns that I didn't even know I was interested in but after seeing how absolutely perfect this 50+ year old gun was, I added it to my collection too.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
This discussion has been closed.