In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Opinion on remington R1S 1911

Ozzie50Ozzie50 Member Posts: 12
edited September 2019 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have one and what are your thoughts? Stainless 1911. Supposedly not fired much by original owner Reliability, function, quality etc. Value also. Thanks

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A buddy has a regular one, it's ok. Has got to be better than my AMT POS.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would rather have a Springfield or even one of the better Rock Islands. Remington is not a company used to building 1911's and now it seems they can't even build proper pump guns. I have a friend that was ordered to drop everything and go to Remington when they were setting up to build 1911's. He was very busy at the time and his boss told him he would only need to be there for a day. He told me he spent a week there. That was of course a few years back and they have had time to get their act together but take a look at what they did to Marlin.
  • TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of course if the asking price is cheap enough to take a chance, ok, but For me to buy one like it, I would like to try it first with several mags of asst types of ammo.
    If this is not possible I would not give more then 50% of current selling prices for the same gun, new,
    selling here on the G/B auction side, and I mean ACTUAL sold price not asking price.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have experience with them and not impressed, For the same money find a Ruger SR 1911
  • Ozzie50Ozzie50 Member Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I think I will pass on it.