In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

COLT Needs Our Prayers And Good Thoughts

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
If you pray, offer up a prayer for our friend COLT, and for his friend Judy. If you don't pray, a happy thought will do.

Thanks!

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Prayers headed his, and her way from here.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers said!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent from our neck of the woods
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the above sent from here two fold.
  • arraflipperarraflipper Member Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent for Colt wishing him the best.
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,278 ******
    edited November -1
    My prayers sent for COLT and Judy
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lord have mercy on Colt and his family....
    "What is truth?'
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    wpageabc wrote:
    Lord have mercy on Colt and his family....
    Amen.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers and kind thoughts sent to Colt and Judy......
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lord help Colt
    Amen
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for him and his family.
  • beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers from Mississippi.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent from here
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers said from here. He's a good guy. Hope all is or turns out well.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened?
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers offered up to He who hears all.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers asked for Richard and Judy whatever their needs are.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Asked from here. Hope all will be well.
    edited November -1
    I am not sure what is going on, but of course COLT and his missus have my Prayers and best wishes.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers from Locust Fork.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    may God watch over and be with Colt & Judy
  • babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened?

Yes , what happened? If not too personal.
    Good thoughts sent to him and his.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I don't think Richard will mind me passing this along. I hope not anyway. His lady friend Judy has cancer, and is not expected to live much longer. A very sad situation.
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the update, nunn! Prayers updated for peace, comfort, strength, and healing!

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Miracles do happen.

My terminal advanced stage IV cancer did not kill me and has yet to return.

They gave me less then 30 days and sent me to hospice.

Where it within my power or ability I would pass on what ever it was that prevented my death to those in need - even at me own detriment or deficit.

There are several folks here that should have been unable to survive longer than predicted.

May the light of the lord shine upon you.

Mike
  • bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers from here.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers and best wishes sent.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ....Thanks so very, very much...to all of you. To those I have known for years, and to those Ive not had the pleasure to meet yet, thank you all. Needless to say, Ive been very preoccupied the last several months. This tremendous response just reminds me of the type of people in the gun world, the kindness and caring of those involved in the gun world.

...Its not good, and took a turn for the worse in the early morning hours today. She was "fine" (as could be) yesterday, but then sometime in the early hours this morning she slipped into a coma. At this point they don't believe it is a "deep" coma that she will not come out of, but then they don't really know...makes no sense to me.

...She has one brother and they are as close as a brother and sister could ever hope to be, he flew in from Fl. Friday and is staying...thank God she had a wonderful two days with him before the coma.

...One week ago the Oncologist gave her 2-5 weeks, I just fluffed that off and did my best to help her to realize that God has the final word when it comes to such things and she agrees, but then I have no doubt that hearing "2-5 weeks" must be a tremendous burden for her to carry even though she is one of the strongest persons Ive ever known, if not the strongest.

...A tremendous thanks to all of you, I don't have the words, nor do the words exist to express how grateful I am for your prayers and thoughts, all I can say is thank you all so very very much and please keep the prayers & good thoughts coming. If Judy could see all of your kind words, she would be a little embarrassed and very very grateful, and she would find it hard to believe people she doesn't even know would care so much, but I'd explain to her how you "gun-nuts" are, the kind of tremendous people you all are.

...Judy and I have been together 2 1/2 years, and were to be married this month...with Gods grace he will heal her and plans will be delayed but go forward, yes, I know its a stretch, but miracles do happen I believe .

...Judy has loved horses since she was a toddler...while other little girls had dolls, Judy had horses :) . Judy took up barrel racing when she was 6 years old, and raced every since. The Rodeo was her second home, if not her first. She barrel raced and rode in the Rodeo opening Gala at the Mesquite Texas Rodeo for 30 years...and then continued to go on trail rides until last year...always had 2 to 10 horses on the ranch, horses are her life. She not only barrel raced, she collected a huge number of 1st place trophies while doing so, she was good, very good, she could ride the hair off a horse. If the horse was rank, she'd take it as a challenge and work with it until she had it where a beginner could ride it!
    ...She did her best to break the rank ones as gentle as she could, but she was not bashful about putting a crop to their butt & hitting them with the spurs if that what it took, though that was always a last resort that she really hated to have to use, she loves horses!

...I think she was doing better with all this than I am, to be honest it is eating me alive, if not for the Lord, Judy and my daughter, and good friends, I don't know how I would be able to make it thru this. I have been thru a lot of very very hard situations and this is by far the worst of them all, with the Lords help I will get thru this too somehow.

...Well, with all the prayers and good thoughts from all you fine folks I thought you deserved to know what your prayers and good thoughts are for, I feel ya'll deserved to know. Thanks again to all of you so very very much, I have no words to express what it means to me and Judy, just know that it means the world to Judy & I, and this will never, never EVER be forgotten...thank you all from the very deepest depths of our hearts, and God Bless each and every one of you........Richard
    edited November -1
    COLT, thank you very much for your update; I know that was difficult to put into words here on the forum! Our prayers continue to go out to you and Judy and your families! Our Lord's will be done for peace, comfort, strength, and healing!

edited November -1
    Old-Colts wrote:
    COLT, thank you very much for your update; I know that was difficult to put into words here on the forum! Our prayers continue to go out to you and Judy and your families! Our Lord's will be done for peace, comfort, strength, and healing!

Yes Sir.

So very Sorry to hear of your and Judys troubles Richard.

My Heart and Prayers go out to you both.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for sharing what's going on. My prayers will continue and as I am expecting a full recovery. She sounds like a great gal, so it must be a great match. God is so very good.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know this is hard for you to hear and understand but i have been where Judy is. I to was not supposed to make it. I was at peace with the world and God. I was where his will be done and i accepted it.

It was harder on my wife than it was with me. The hardest thing about me having cancer is waking up a few times in the middle of the night and finding my wife crying because i was sick.
    That hurt so so much. I can not describe the hurt that it caused me.

I have been through some painful things in my life but nothing comes close to that.

Let her know that you love her and will always love her.
    edited November -1
    Bern thinking about and Judy today Brother.

I hope things are better for you both.

Probably not what you want to hear, but If I was in the same position, I would want to go quick.

God Bless you both.

Good thoughts and Prayers coming your way.

My Heart goes out to you both.

-Ken-
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    UPDATE:

Judy passed away on the 12th.

Here is what COLT wrote:

"This is the last thing I ever wanted to have to write, Judy went to be with our Lord yesterday afternoon, asleep and peaceful.
    The day before that, God bestowed a miracle on her and allowed her to wake up for over an hour, completely alert and totally coherent, after being in a coma for a week, not expected to come out of it. Her son, Jay was there, and she came to, wide awake and talkative, clear as could be! She even wanted a chocolate malt:) Of course she had her malt and talked for over an hour and then just kinda dozed back off.

"Thank God that she never knew, and never suffered. I wish I could say the same for myself.

"I'm praying often & as hard as I can but her loss is killing me, I was missing her before she was gone, and now that shes gone Im so lost without her. I know time will take care of this, but right now its so very very hard, as usual in such a case, there are no words to describe the pain & hurt.

"If you have a few extra prayers, Ill sure take 'em, pray for me to be given the strength to get thru this, I need it."

Judy's daughters rushed up the service, so no notice was sent out.

That's about it. Our friend is still hurting.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sent from here.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Richard,...you have my prayers for peace, comfort and strength to get through this terribly difficult time. God bless all of you folks.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner