In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Illegal Aliens and Joining the Military

Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
The laws of the U.S. provide a way for citizenship for immigrants that join the U.S. Military. Then how come these people do not serve the very country that they want to emigrate?

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    more FREE sheet and less in their face authority when they are NOT in the military
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do some work testing military applicants and many testers are foreign these days. However most cannot pass the required tests.

The test is only administered in English and many cannot pass because their English skills are so bad.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To enlist, you must be a LEGAL immigrant or a citizen.

Our oldest son (my stepson) was a LEGAL alien, served in USMC, became a citizen.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well back in 1986 President Reagan granted Amnisty to a few million illegals and they most certainly were permitted to join the military.
    I worked for a guy in the Navy who was an illegal immigrant from Mexico. He had been in the states for I believe 8 years when the law changed. He joined the IS Navy and he was immensely proud of serving. He was damn good too!
    11b6r wrote:

Our oldest son (my stepson) was a LEGAL alien, served in USMC, became a citizen.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warbirds wrote:
    Well back in 1986 President Reagan granted Amnisty to a few million illegals and they most certainly were permitted to join the military.
    I worked for a guy in the Navy who was an illegal immigrant from Mexico. He had been in the states for I believe 8 years when the law changed. He joined the IS Navy and he was immensely proud of serving. He was damn good too!
    11b6r wrote:

I have served with a number of these people who enlisted LEGALLY thru visa and other programs. Coming from such places as Viet Nam, India, and countries from the breakup of the old Soviet empire.
    One thing they all had in common was they ASSIMILATED, and they became fluent in ENGLISH and they loved the USA and it showed. They also took advantage of education programs offered. Yes they were great people and I would trust my life to any of them.

Contrast and compare to the elements Obama DEMOCRATs want to poison the military with.
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You Gents for the replies as I would like to believe that a person who
    wants to be in another country, the U.S. would also serve in their adopted
    country.

I always thought that even if you were a citizen of another country
    you could enlist in the U.S. Military and either train and return to your
    country or you could stay and become a U.S. citizen.

Some of the illegals that come and claim asylum could very well become
    literate in English and train in the military and then go back and throw out
    the bums, who will do the same thing and claim asylum.

I would say if you Serve in the U.S. Military then that would be a viable path
    that you can become a U.S. citizen.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illegal aliens do not belong in this country - period ! Regan didn't do this country any favor by giving amnesty. All he did is encourage more illegal entry.

We have a legal system to gain entry, and a legal path to become a citizen. I would like someone to explain to me why we have laws that are not being enforced, that allows 25 million people to be in this country illegally, and at a cost of $200 billion dollars a year to working Americans.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember reading a while back those whop got honorable discharge still got deported after their time.

I wonder if the drill instructions will be in English or Espanol or Chinese? Got to figure they'll be coming out of the wood works too now.