In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dinosaur tooth

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Donna and I took a walk on the old farm she grew up on last week. We were out in the field near a pond, when she stumbled on this tooth. We thought it was a huge shark tooth, but we were wrong. we took it to an anthropologist, and he said it was a tooth from a Dinosaur. Pretty cool. If the picture does not work, Then I need help getting it off Imgur. Oakie

qiDhTiv355330_4103238a9aebd7f25336d5e37c24e81c.jpg

Comments

• hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't see it, not sure if others can, hope all is well with you and yours oakie...
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On imgur click the pic then copy the direct link on the right. Then use the insert image on your post and paste the link.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On imgur click the pic then copy the direct link on the right. Then use the insert image on your post and paste the link.

whatever he said, it works now Oakie!!!!!
  • ChrisStreettChrisStreett Member Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, working now.
    "...dying ain't much of a living boy"-Josey Wales
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is very cool!
    I'm in for the give away!! :mrgreen::o
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's pretty cool, what a find.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Cool!! Ya just don't find them everyday.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has a good eye! Nice find
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Oakie hope you are doing great. Tell Donna my wife and i said Hello. Stop by NC next time you pass through NC.

Also come to NC to dove hunt. I need a place to go. LOL I have not shot at a bird in 35 plus years.

Take care.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    over by MontanaJoe's way is the Museum of the Rockies, home to many different dinosauer fossils. a large assortment of Triceratops varieties, and also many Tyrannosaur Rex examples. of great interest is a Triceratops rear leg bone with a very disctinctive hole in the bone. of even more interest is that hole is a perfect match up to the largest and longest T-rex tooth on exhibit. there is evidence of healing of the bone structure around the hole, so somehow the TRI-tops somehow survived the bit of the deadly predator T-rex...364218_a65c48d4dd0f3b2256c84812971b6335.jpg364218_9a9bcdcc2d93d8a7ceda622537b82a2c.jpg
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dav1965 wrote:
    Hey Oakie hope you are doing great. Tell Donna my wife and i said Hello. Stop by NC next time you pass through NC.

Also come to NC to dove hunt. I need a place to go. LOL I have not shot at a bird in 35 plus years.

Take care.
    Next time down, I will definitely stop by. We are all doing great, thanks. I was suppose to come down Friday for a funeral, but already had plans that I couldn't break . Oak
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked at a college with a dino museum and helped clean fossils a few times. very interesting. Director handed me a T Rex tooth one day. About 8 inches long with serration. Like a big steak knife.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To my untrained eye, a shark tooth. Wow a dinosaur tooth! Now thats a find. Are you going to wear it around your neck like Dino Man?
    "What is truth?'
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anthropologists study people. I think you might have meant archeologist. Looks much like a crocodile or alligator tooth.
  • ProceramicProceramic Member Posts: 334
    edited November -1
    How cool is that!! Nice find! Looks like it came from a decent size critter. Can you do a size comparison? Looks like maybe an inch and a half? Should be more around.
  • ProceramicProceramic Member Posts: 334
    edited November -1
    He Dog wrote:
    Anthropologists study people. I think you might have meant archeologist. Looks much like a crocodile or alligator tooth.

Actually, anthropology and archeology are kinda the same. Archeology is the study of physical human remains and artifacts whereas anthropology studies more on culture, society and evolution of humans.
    Paleontology is the study of dinosaurs. 😁