In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

accident

Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
edited March 2019 in General Discussion

All ok with all the goings on over you way?
Sad times for sure.

Comments

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe the OP would like to share what this is about ?
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Edspdog1Edspdog1 Member Posts: 225
    edited November -1
    2 year old hit by stray glancing bullet near where 84 Bravo lives. Bullet struck the child in back of head and was flown to two different Med Centers.
    Happened on Friday. Story on WJHL in J.C. TN. As of yesterday they had no clue where bullet was fired.
    Prayers for all involved please.
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much info. Currently. 2 year old girl playing in her own backyard. Initial report stated a bullet ricocheted off a swingset and hit her in the back of the head. Happened in Laurel Bloomery. (About 10 miles or so from where I live. Pass through there twice a day. Several friends and co-workers live there. Tragic. Several of us were discussing it at work yesterday. "Searching for the shooter." We are curious if they will come forward or hide like a Coward. In the County and legal to shoot, but obviously not toward a house.

Tragic.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What condition is the poor kid in?
    Prayers for the best.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet he was hoping for a misfire.
    edited November -1
    What condition is the poor kid in?
    Prayers for the best.

Heard today from a friend, who has been getting facebook updates from a relative of the girl, (obviously unconfirmed.) That the girl had been hit with a .22. Was in a medically induced coma, but that intra-cranial pressure was dropping, and she had moved her head.

No one has come forward.

We were discussing this (again) at work today. I eat lunch with a couple guys that live in Laurel Bloomery. With it being a .22, we are thinking a teen or pre-teen shooting unsupervised, and now afraid to come forward.

Another friend has a buddy who lives on the road the girl lives on. Was shooting over the weekend. Had four Sheriffs cars in his driveway in very short order.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sad and prayers to the little girl

several years ago( maybe 5 or 6 ) a Amish young fellow discharged his muzzle loader into the sky after returning from a hunt
    If I remember I think is about a mile away ? a family of Amish on there buggy on a trip one of the girls was hit in the head and killed by the projectile
    after doing some investigating and asking around the young man owned up to firing his gun to empty it .
    not sure the out come of what happened to him and the family's other that many life's devastated
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our heartfelt prayers for this little girl. May God watch over her and help her heal. Oak
    edited November -1
    I live in the boonies. Laurel Bloomery is Way out in the boonies. The road the little girl lives on is way, way out in the boonies. (Deer Run.) Cherokee Bow Hunters have a Camp at the end of the road.

Not too far fetched for someone to be shooting out there. If you live there, you know where the houses are.
    Shooting toward a house is just STUPID.