In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So I googled,'gyrojet'.....

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
edited March 2019 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GreatGuns wrote:
    MrMike will enjoy these clips, the history has been well covered. We just sold my father's MBA collection of two rifles and three pistols, along with 2,600 "rocket rounds" consisting of four different types. Two production types, two actual untested prototypes from the very beginning and several never-produced experimental rounds including one specifically designed for underwater use and proposed to our NAVY (and ultimately rejected). The collection also had three versions of the "canopy penetrator" flares, first developed for use in the jungles of Vietnam and still used to this day by special forces and pilots. My father was very close with both originators of the company and assisted in propellant formulations. The nephew of Lewis Winant (author of Firearms Curiosa) purchased our collection. ;)

Sounds like you had 75% of the Gyrojet collector market tied up in one collection. :shock: ;)
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The last one I saw was years ago in Harry?s Surplus near Bordentown, NJ.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I must be developmentally challenged but I cat find or figure out how to find the MBA gyrojet sporting carbine thread posted by me here in the GB GD forum...

Was going to post a link for those that might have missed it or were interested in perusing it again or bookmarking it for future use...

I have had a bad 5 days but you would think I could perform this one simple task.

Perhaps one of you gents could find the link and paste it into greatguns thread discussing the final disposition of his related articles and collection items.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perry Shooter has a Gyrojet pistol in the group we are selling......with ammo! So, coming soon.....you can own one!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a Mark I Model B with 8 rounds in a display case.

I want to shoot this thing SO BAD
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ,,Do it!! I'm sure it's gonna be listed as used anyway,,,
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard you can put your finger over the end of the barrel and it will stop the round.....because the jet propelled bullet will not have built up enough momentum to harm you at that point. (I am leery of this though.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    GreatGuns wrote:

Are the eight rounds in the presentation case in a circle of wood with a medallion in the center, with two vacant holes? If so, I'm sorry to say they may very well be dummies. Most in presentation cases are unfilled rocket rounds so that it may be displayed safely. Even the documents that accompanied the guns advised owners to "never display live ammo with your Gyrojet rocket pistol," followed by "The included examples are inert and completely safe to display." ;)

Jim

No, these are in a zip loc bag and the case just has the knob that holds the gun still in the box....no round medallion type holder for the shells.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I figured it was some kind of tall tale about stopping the round.

The display case I have has the peg in the center of the box. I will get these rounds out of the bag they are in and wrap them separately. I don't see anything that would make me think these rounds have been damaged.

I've got a lot to still get listed this week, so I can't work on this one this week.....but I'll try to make sure the gyrojet gets listed with next week's batch.

I guess I need to list the ammo separately.