In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Donated to Homeland Security

Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Trump Donates Paycheck to DHS
Leah Barkoukis Leah Barkoukis | @LeahBarkoukis |Posted: Mar 19, 2019 6:00 AM

Trump Donates Paycheck to DHS
Source: AP Photo/Alex Brandon

President Trump donated a quarter of his salary to the Department of Homeland Security on Monday and tweeted out a photo of the check to prove it.

"While the press doesn't like writing about it, nor do I need them to, I donate my yearly Presidential salary of $400,000.00 to different agencies throughout the year, this to Homeland Security," he wrote. "If I didn't do it there would be hell to pay from the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!"

While the press doesn?t like writing about it, nor do I need them to, I donate my yearly Presidential salary of $400,000.00 to different agencies throughout the year, this to Homeland Security. If I didn?t do it there would be hell to pay from the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!

The check, which was dated March 12, was written out to DHS and had Trump Tower listed as his address.

Before taking office, the president promised to not keep his annual presidential salary of $400,000 for himself.

Some news outlets have questioned whether he actually donates his salary. In 2017, for example, NBC News and Vanity Fair seemed to doubt whether he did given that he declined to release proof.

Prior to his donation to DHS, Trump has given his salary to the Departments of Transportation, Veterans Affairs, Health and Human Services, and Education; as well as the Small Business Administration, and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, among others.

When DHS was created in 2002 it merged 22 already-existing federal agencies into one. The Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, are among those agencies in the DHS umbrella.

SUBMITTED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE
The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:

Comments

• Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure of the actual figure --- my guess is over half ?????--- of the members of congress are millionaires. Let them match Trumps contributions.

As a matter of fact, if the liberals are all about "income distribution", let Soros, Nancy and Blumberg and all the others just jump right on in and donate their wealth to all those homeless.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BET YOU....McCarthy Mueller can make a CRIME out of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cornflk1 wrote:
    I'm not sure of the actual figure --- my guess is over half ?????--- of the members of congress are millionaires. Let them match Trumps contributions.

As a matter of fact, if the liberals are all about "income distribution", let Soros, Nancy and Blumberg and all the others just jump right on in and donate their wealth to all those homeless.

Yeah that will happen. :lol:

Those Liberals are all mouth, when it comes to their own money. :oops:

Just like gun confiscation/gun control. Okay for the masses, just make sure my "Protective Detail," is Armed.

(Like Rosie O'donnels kid in school.) Freaking Hypocrites.