In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

career criminals in the making

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
news of Pretty Praire Kansas..over last weekend 4 kids went into the school bandroom and destroyed EVERYTHING...instruments, equipment, music. anything and everything in a small school bandroom trashed..estimates from $50 to $100K damage ...now tonites news said cameras easily ID'd the perps...ages 8, 10, 11, ?..........and said maybe they could not be charged because of their age....B fn S... sociopathological behaviour in the making..at least locals should remove 4 families from that town so their future crimes will not impact there again......

Comments

• WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd hope that the parents would be held liable for the reparations...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    parents paying money will teach those kids NOTHING
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Close to the same thing here. 5 or 6 kids 9-12 years old went into an old cemetery and turned over 50 to 60 headstones, some over 140 years old. The parents couldn't afford to pay even 10% of the damages. I only wish one of the headstones had landed on one of them! :x
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kids have always been mischievous.

The difference between then and now, is that they got they're hide tanned back then and decided that it wasn't a very good idea! If the Parents paid, so did the kids!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should be prosecuted, and made to do community service plus also pay for restitution. I'm sure the school needs to have its lawn mowed, maybe they could pay the kids a couple of bucks each week to mow it until they pay off all the damage they did.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Products of government schools, social media, and pop culture.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wiplash wrote:
    Kids have always been mischievous.

The difference between then and now, is that they got they're hide tanned back then and decided that it wasn't a very good idea! If the Parents paid, so did the kids!

You can't do corporal punishment anymore. Parents can be sued by their kids or go to jail: Another product of DEMOCRAT dogma.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    followup...news this morn is angry parents from Prety Prairie Kansas....kansas law states that kiddies 10 and younger CANNOT be charged in this crime but can only be declared in a bad home and maybe removed to foster care..... welll the extent of this as pictured on the news is NOT mischevious little stuff but anger and violence as vividly displayed in the results...sociopaths in the making.....they need some serious repercussions whether they are in a high or low end home.....donations are coming in and i am sure insurance has a help but money is NOT the big issue here.....
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The parents should be held liable for damages and the kids should receive some sort of punishment.
    Garnish their welfare checks (I'm ASSuming here - but I'll bet I'm right). Garnish their tax refunds... something...
    But alas, they'll get away with it. And we'll all be a little worst off for it. :|
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They need their * whipped and good. I was more afraid of my Dad than any cop. I knew whatever I got punished for it would 10x worse when I got home.
    RLTW

• KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    They need their * whipped and good. I was more afraid of my Dad than any cop. I knew whatever I got punished for it would 10x worse when I got home.

+1 Sam.

My Dad would have made me wish I was in Jail.

Those little Pricks need their * (literally) handed to them.

Their "Parents," need to be held financially accountable also.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is where a public whipping or tar and feathering comes to mind.

Even the stocks for a few days.

Public humiliation is a real crime deterrent, IMO.
    RLTW