In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

well you're stuck with me now!

buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
got my gall bladder taken out. 2 weeks recovery. side hurts so bad all I can do is lay on my back. can't really get up for anything without a lot of pain.

later on maybe I can use a computer and keyboard and post some pics and tell some horrid stories about the hospital.

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Glad you're on the mend. Two week recovery,still hurting?? There's more to this,isn't there? Had mine out and went home within few hours later. Sore,tender,but very little pain. Back to work in 2 days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    had the surgery last night. ya I went home afterwards (and here I am) but ??? got all sorts of pain. can't hardly walk either. back to work in 2 days is unimaginable.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    Know your limit,do what they told/tell you.
    Did they do the three tiny incisions,or have to open you up more? Was this an emergency operation or was it scheduled?
  • Options
    fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had mine out last year.. 3 little scars- Laparoscopic l think its called. First surgery in 72 yrs!! SCARRED for life :!:
  • Options
    edited November -1
    they did the laparoscopic. went to the emergency room for it a year ago, they told me it has to come out sometime, I said OK not right now.

it's slow at work so I figured this is a good time to do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am going to do that! sometime! been eating lo-fat food and crackers for a year, KFC and Taco Bell here I come! :mrgreen:

I'm going on a Food Safari all over town :o
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to do that! sometime! been eating lo-fat food and crackers for a year, KFC and Taco Bell here I come! :mrgreen:

I'm going on a Food Safari all over town :o

For Taco Bell, I recommend the hard shell twelve pack with Diablo sauce. Add your own Sour cream, and Guacamole.

For KFC, I recommend the Family Fill up $20 Chicken Tenders Meal. Substitute one of the two Mashed potatoes and gravy, for a Potatoe Wedges side. (They Rock, the best I have had.) Cole Slaw, Biscuits with Butter and Honey. Two Buffalo sauce packs, two Finger Lickin' Good, (FLG) sauce varieties.

Good Luck. Get better soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    will do. with pics. when I can do it.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hope you heal up fast and feel better soon!
    Gall bladder or no gall bladder, I suggest Popeyes or nothing over KFP(pigeon) or Taco Smell.
    Yuck!
    Get well soon pal,
    Ed
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ha! :D

yep I like Popeye's better