In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CMP 1911s

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
So what's the going price for the CMP service grade 1911s? Saw one locally for sale, parkerized and he is asking $1800 for it. Seems high to me, am i wrong? Ad says it's Remington Rand with serial number from 1944. Not interested in buying it, just curious on the market price. His own photo reveals he paid CMP $1050 for it....lol

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Last years allotment of 8,000 pistols was sold out. There is no way to know how much this years allotment- if additional pistols are released from the Army- will sell for.

Pricing in 2018 was as follows:

Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.

Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love 1911s and was considering trying for one of these. But the prices and conditions seemed a bit high so I decided to pass. I'd love to own a piece of this history but I'm not spending that much...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Overpriced in my opinion.

I had been reading they were going high.

Would not mind having one, but not at those prices/conditions.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

+1
    RLTW

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of weeks after the first batch of CMP guns went out, I saw one sell here on GB for around $1,800.

Before the sale was announced, refinished mixed part mongrels were selling in the $800-1,200 range.

So, the price you saw would appear to be pushing the upper price range. I think that's getting too close to the $2,000-3,000 range of more common original finish guns.

Neal
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:

+1
    Yep
    One of my range buds ended up getting one. He bought what he thought was the best grade. What he brought to the range was anything but.
    Glad I passed.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    I love 1911s and was considering trying for one of these. But the prices and conditions seemed a bit high so I decided to pass. I'd love to own a piece of this history but I'm not spending that much...
    Same here. The part about ?May contain commercial parts? killed it for me.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    chiefr wrote:
    Sam06 wrote:

+1
    Yep
    One of my range buds ended up getting one. He bought what he thought was the best grade. What he brought to the range was anything but.
    Glad I passed.

Over on the CMP forum we saw photos several very nice looking pistols, but they represent a tiny percentage of the 8000 pistols sold. The military police appear to have been the last official users of the 1911's and MP's reported that their pistols were well used before they turned them in for M9s. Most of the 1911's shipped are decidedly average. The best of the lot, as well as any that are rare or original, were retained by the CMP for sale on their own auction site. The prices realized on the CMP auctions are mind bending.