In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    see see the 1911a1 wouldnt have this issue :P
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's certainly not good for business. They didn't have much market share now they'll lose some more of that to Glock.
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am confident the term "Glock leg" is not in jeopardy of being changed to FN leg any time soon
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wulfmann wrote:
    I am confident the term "Glock leg" is not in jeopardy of being changed to FN leg any time soon

Likely not when Glock owns 2/3s of the LE market and likely doesn't even register in sale in the LE market,
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    Wulfmann wrote:

If Glock leg is a thing, it's not because the weapon malfunctioned.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fabrique' National, being a Quality/Stand Up Company, will issue a recall, and fix the problem, if indeed it exists.

I have never had any indications or malfunctions of any kind on my FNS's.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    mac10 wrote:
    see see the 1911a1 wouldnt have this issue :P

:( :roll:
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From the article - "It's not clear why the officer was disassembling a loaded pistol". Hope the new guns are able to fix STUPID or they will have the same problems no matter what they buy. Bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BobJudy wrote:
    From the article - "It's not clear why the officer was disassembling a loaded pistol". Hope the new guns are able to fix STUPID or they will have the same problems no matter what they buy. Bob

You can't fix Stupid. :shock:
  • Options
    RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two FNH Hi Powrers, FNX and FNS all work as designed.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never had an issue with any FN product
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wulfmann wrote:

To not consider the human condition and say its not the tool when for a couple decades most LE used Sigs and we have never heard the term "Sig Leg" begs the response, sure fan boy, OK, right :)

You are certainly correct and would also be correct saying anyone who disassembles a Glock and forgets to remove the round in the chamber and kills them self deserves that as well.
    But, if you forgot to remove the round in a Sig the first thing you would do is rack the slide open to disassemble it not pull the trigger (which ejects the live round).

The number of people who pay with their lives using a Glock because of a design that says make a mistake and risk your life suggests if you believe you are fallible there are so many better/safer designs to use

I am fortunate in that the first Glocks I used had malfunctions so I had low confidence in them before I became aware they had potentially dangerous attributes that most other makes do not build into their pistols.

Some basic facts and the rest IMO
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,294 ******
    edited November -1
    Wulfmann wrote:
    Wulfmann wrote:

To not consider the human condition and say its not the tool when for a couple decades most LE used Sigs and we have never heard the term "Sig Leg" begs the response, sure fan boy, OK, right :)

You are certainly correct and would also be correct saying anyone who disassembles a Glock and forgets to remove the round in the chamber and kills them self deserves that as well.
    But, if you forgot to remove the round in a Sig the first thing you would do is rack the slide open to disassemble it not pull the trigger (which ejects the live round).

The number of people who pay with their lives using a Glock because of a design that says make a mistake and risk your life suggests if you believe you are fallible there are so many better/safer designs to use

I am fortunate in that the first Glocks I used had malfunctions so I had low confidence in them before I became aware they had potentially dangerous attributes that most other makes do not build into their pistols.

Some basic facts and the rest IMO
    Ok. Please point to where, in any of that, you have pointed out a malfunction of the weapon. You do understand what a malfunction is, right?
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen 3 people shoot themselves by accident; 2 were with 1911's the other was with a Single action Ruger 357.

The failure of the FN Pistols were in the design. These were FN 1st striker fired guns and they probably didn't test them enough. I hope no one was injured before the recall.

The FNX guns with hammers are really nice guns and if I had been on the Army board they would have been what I picked over the SIG or the Glock.

The Glock is very popular in the SOCOM for several reasons; They work. They are a fighting gun and they are a battle proven platform. I know there are a lot of haters out there but if you look at what the majority of people who know what they are doing carry them by choice, you are just hating to hate ;)
    RLTW

• Options
    edited November -1
    You are correct there were no malfunctions.

The Glock requires pulling the trigger to disassemble so if you leave a round in the chamber it fires when you do that.
    People should simply not make that mistake cause if you do make that mistake it could end your life or you can use a pistol that when you leave a round in the chamber by mistake the round ejects when you begin the disassembly

With Glock Leg again you are correct there is no malfunction It is much easier to catch the Glock trigger on something when holstering the weapon compared to most other pistols so no malfunction of the weapon just the user not taking the "extra" care required over other pistols when holstering the weapon
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck