In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what other things do you collect?

2»

Comments

• US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    19X5Zm8.png

A screen shot from my computer showing the main menu on a database I constructed.

All of the squares are "command buttons" for various things.

The odd shaped drawing with all of the command buttons on the inside is a layout of my "Collection Room". Each of the command buttons creates a list of the specific items in that cabinet. For example: Cabinet Number 7 contains 243 items ranging from metal buttstock cleaning kits for the M-1903 Springfield rifle (43 each but only counted as one item in the database) to wicks for immersion heaters (16 each but only counted as one item in the database). No, this is NOT a store or business for me. I just have "piles" and "boxes" of "stuff". None of it is for sale. "HE" is the high explosives area. There are 290 items there. No, none of the really big stuff is live. All of the live stuff is on the opposite wall listed with the "AMMO" button. ;)

The "Total Items" with number (circled in red for this shot) is a current total of items in the collection generated each time the main menu is opened. The number shown is current as of right now. I still have approximately 150 items sitting around here that I have not entered into the database yet. Of course, I am constantly on the look out for things I don't have.

Yea, I collect "Military Things".

No, the database does NOT include a gun collection.

The US military at one time or another had some very weird things in their inventory. Now I have them in my collection. :D

We have no children. It is going to be a heckuv an estate sale. :lol:
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    austin20 wrote:

I too have been collecting Bourbon over the last year or so!
    However, I'm only around 30 bottles. It's fun to find some harder to find Bourbons on a shelf where you wouldn't expect to see it! Just found Blantons and Eagle Rare at my local chain grocery store!

I also collect most everything that goes with vintage sporting guns, waterfowl guns, and western guns. Such as, knives, decoys, western, Native American, and sporting/hunting art, books, duck calls, live caller harnesses, a few old shell boxes and powder cans, and of course pocket watches and a number of fobs.
    I sold most of my outboard motor collection, so now I only have 2hp and under little vintage outboards. I probably only have 12-15 outboards left with only 5 or so displayed in my den.

I need a bigger den!
    Found a Blantons special reserve today.

I'm not familiar with a Blantons Special Reserve. I'll be over about 4:30, we can split the bottle!
    Got a Rock Hill Farms today. Let?s split that one :D
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loose change

Loose women

Emus

Wombats

Greater sloths

1980 mercury bobcat 3 door station wagon - 4 cylinder diesel engine with 4 speed manual shift on the floor transmission

Any Ford pinto 3 door town and country station wagons with 4 cyl gas engine and 4 speed manual transmission with sunroof

Any eagle / amc 4wd sedan or coupe or wagon circa 1980

Subaru brat

Ford courier

Mazda rotary engine light pick up trucks

Mike
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loose change

Loose women

Emus

Wombats

Greater sloths

1980 mercury bobcat 3 door station wagon - 4 cylinder diesel engine with 4 speed manual shift on the floor transmission

Any Ford pinto 3 door town and country station wagons with 4 cyl gas engine and 4 speed manual transmission with sunroof

Any eagle / amc 4wd sedan or coupe or wagon circa 1980

Subaru brat

Ford courier

Mazda rotary engine light pick up trucks

Mike

I owned a Subaru Brat. It was a great vehicle, until it rusted away.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    when we first bought the lake place got to know an older lady and her husband just north of our house and one evening she asked if i would like to see her collection of bobbers and such she had found from around the lake....??????.... i said "sure" ..and she brought out boxes containing 916 of them ...awesome...and she rebuilt reels and poles...she is gone now and i miss the visits.....
  • jrentjrent Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2019
    I have about a hundred like these. Probably sold a couple hundred in the last 2-3 years.
  • jrentjrent Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2019
    I have about a hundred like these.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Duck decoys, knives, Inuit carvings, pulley's and social security!
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I collect cow creamers.Have over a hundred. Stopped collect Ho trains an match box cars. Have full boxes of those.