In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tech Sights

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Anyone have them on a 10/22?

I like Iron sights and I really like a good peep sight. The Tech Sights look well made, If you have some and have shot them tell me how they work and their quality.

thanks in advance
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 61 my ability to focus on the front sight has gone to pot. I am using Burris Fastfire III's on my handguns and keep glass optics on rifles. Iron sights are for days long gone. I am having trouble seeing the front sight on the M1 Garand and have kicked around the idea of buying a no drill mount replacing the rear sight with a red dot.... Such is life.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bpost wrote:
    Iron sights are for days long gone.
    Amen to that!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    scopes, red dots and lasers for my old eyes.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like iron sights and other optics.

Whats nice about iron is its simple reliable and fits in the gun bag nice.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have Tech Sights on my 10/22 and very satisfied with them. Somehow when I look through any peep sight, my eyes create a slightly dark spot in the very middle of the peep sight that I use to align with the front sight. Makes it pretty darn accurate. 0.75" grouping of 10 shots at 25 yards is the norm for me (not very good, but eh, we're not all pros) with this setup.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have them on my Mini-14. They work.
    Kind of a 1 and done type item though.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am 59 and I see well far off its close up I cannot see well. I wear 1.5x readers but a peep sight seems to focus my eyes and I can see better.
    RLTW