In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

seems 1984

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
that alexa and onstar can listen in and record your conversations without your knowlege, and store that in their data banks...plus locate you anywhere anytime...should one view a roomba with suspicion ??? is this happening thru any smart phones now ....can they gps your location even when your phone is off....my old dumb phone the battery can be removed so i assume it is really dead...i believe my own foibles should be my own....

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...i believe my own foibles should be my own....

But they are so entertaining. :lol:
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all these tech devices I?m sure that we?re being monitored somehow. Everything talks back to ?something.?

I won?t have an Alexis or turn on Siri. It?s bad enough that a simple search on google results in targeted ads in all my apps.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its true that Big Brother is here. But BB has soo much information on soo many people. Its impossible to process unless....

Big Brother is really watching you!
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With all these tech devices I?m sure that we?re being monitored somehow. Everything talks back to ?something.?

I won?t have an Alexis or turn on Siri. It?s bad enough that a simple search on google results in targeted ads in all my apps.

Try DuckDuckGo as your search engine. It does not track you. You will see ads on the searches, but they will not follow you around. Adblocker eliminates most of them.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....and y'all laughed when I warned you about the Decepticons?.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Big Brother stopped watching me. Too many of his minions died of boredom watching so I am off limits. :lol: Bob
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have said it before and will not post up a manifesto here again...

People have traded life and liberty and privacy for convenience - for recreational play and games and social enhancements...

And they sold out cheap without even understanding the implications of what they were giving up or abrogating...

Nobody reads or understands the terms of service contract agreements - not even lawyers and scholars...

We have lines up like sheep to be sheared and fleeced and slaughtered for corporate consumption and political party propaganda exploitation...

We have surrendered or devalued most of the core values in the bill of rights - freedoms Americans have sacrificed and fought and died for...

And the lib prog alt left dem extremists and power brokers who control YouTube and twitter and facebook and instagram and Myspace and media outlets and newspapers and the teachers unions are using the powers you have usurped to control the future of this country - to paint it to reflect their ideologies and beliefs at the detriment of any and all who oppose them or disagree with them or even offer an avenue of thought that is not rigidly in lock step with their doctrine...

Deplatforming and doxing and account termination and demonetisation and resource stream blockading and memes and hash tags and constant bombardment with slick subversive persuasive propaganda masked as news or entertainment...

Monitoring conversations in your house of place of work or car or church or doctors office or lawyers office or bedroom - tracking your location - tracking your financial activity and social media profile - gathering that meta data and collating it and selling it for profit to those whom would influence your political views or consumer habits...

Ditto the omnipresent omnipotent omniscient cameras that are everywhere - great Britain is the worst example and you would not believe just how large the system looms and how invasive it is...

And it's one thing for an adult to decide to covet the convenience and sacrifice personal inalienable rights - it's another whole level of evil to focus the practices on our children whose minds are not fully developed...

Everything the Soviets and the KGB in total practiced to control their populace looks like a childhood prank attempted by amateurs - the worst system of state control we can reference falls far short of what is being done to us today - and we either don't notice or don't care or don't believe or even gleefully pursue placing our heads in the noose - thanking them for the opportunity to have our liberties chocked off...

Sigh.

Mike
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have said it before and will not post up a manifesto here again...

People have traded life and liberty and privacy for convenience - for recreational play and games and social enhancements...

And they sold out cheap without even understanding the implications of what they were giving up or abrogating...

Nobody reads or understands the terms of service contract agreements - not even lawyers and scholars...

We have lines up like sheep to be sheared and fleeced and slaughtered for corporate consumption and political party propaganda exploitation...

We have surrendered or devalued most of the core values in the bill of rights - freedoms Americans have sacrificed and fought and died for...

And the lib prog alt left dem extremists and power brokers who control YouTube and twitter and facebook and instagram and Myspace and media outlets and newspapers and the teachers unions are using the powers you have usurped to control the future of this country - to paint it to reflect their ideologies and beliefs at the detriment of any and all who oppose them or disagree with them or even offer an avenue of thought that is not rigidly in lock step with their doctrine...

Deplatforming and doxing and account termination and demonetisation and resource stream blockading and memes and hash tags and constant bombardment with slick subversive persuasive propaganda masked as news or entertainment...

Monitoring conversations in your house of place of work or car or church or doctors office or lawyers office or bedroom - tracking your location - tracking your financial activity and social media profile - gathering that meta data and collating it and selling it for profit to those whom would influence your political views or consumer habits...

Ditto the omnipresent omnipotent omniscient cameras that are everywhere - great Britain is the worst example and you would not believe just how large the system looms and how invasive it is...

And it's one thing for an adult to decide to covet the convenience and sacrifice personal inalienable rights - it's another whole level of evil to focus the practices on our children whose minds are not fully developed...

Everything the Soviets and the KGB in total practiced to control their populace looks like a childhood prank attempted by amateurs - the worst system of state control we can reference falls far short of what is being done to us today - and we either don't notice or don't care or don't believe or even gleefully pursue placing our heads in the noose - thanking them for the opportunity to have our liberties chocked off...

Sigh.

Mike

Yep - exactly!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the year 2535
    Ain't gonna need to tell the truth, tell no lies
    Everything you think, do, and say
    Is in the pill you took today.

Why wait ? Right now today you get even more, just sign up for the freebies and keep the battery charged. :roll: