In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The UN-American U.S. Flag haters are still at it

Quick&DeadQuick&Dead Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
attacking Camping Worlds RV sales centers for flying the American Flag.

"This is about our Veterans, Military, and the men and women that have sacrificed for this great Country. The City of Statesville, North Carolina has filed a lawsuit seeking an injunction to require Gander RV in Statesville to take down their American Flag. They are imposing a $50/day fine retroactive to 10/15/18. Many cities like Statesville have requested that Camping World and Gander Outdoors take down their American Flags. WE WON'T DO IT! "

THIS IS A DISGRACE!
:evil:
The government has no rights. Only the people have rights which empowers the government.
We have enough gun laws, what we need is IDIOT control.
Blood makes you related. Loyalty makes you family.

I thought getting old would take longer. :shock:

Comments

• Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Apparently there is a city ordinance which prevents flying a flag larger than 25 by 40 feet within 100 feet of a highway. The flag in question measures 40-by-80-feet, which is roughly double the size allowed. The logic of the flag size restriction escapes me, but I'm not on the city council and my vote doesn't count.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Our city council tried banning guns in Tucson and that did not work out to well for the city.

Free speech? Unlawful code? I haven't checked flag etiquette to see what is allowed or not.

A flagpole of 30' x 60' flag requires a pole of 200 feet tall. If they have a legal permit, well, nuff said. If they built a 200 ft pole that does not comply, it needs to be brought to code or pulled down. At 200 ft there may be some FAA requirements, Bpost might be able to confirm. The flag they are flying is 40x80 so it needs a taller pole yet.

Point I would have issue with, is if you are going to fly the flag, respect it. That goes for codes and laws governing such displays.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    edited November -1
    How about we just move our business to a more appreciative community?
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    jimdeere wrote:
    How about we just move our business to a more appreciative community?

BINGO! There is a lot of sales tax money in play here. I remember when I lived in SoCal and the local Ford dealer wanted to relocate to another city. Our city council bent over backwards to accommodate the Ford dealer and they are still there:

https://www.santamargaritaford.com/
  • Options
    bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Horseface logic:
    A large flag uses up too much wind. We must conserve under the new green deal.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fredonia Kansas flys a LARGE AMERICAN FLAG on top the mound in the sw corner of the city 40 X 60 ...sure can see that a long ways away ++++++++ fight Back the idiots !!!!
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their property, Fly it Proud
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?m all for displaying and respecting the flag.

But - if the regulation / law was in place before they started putting the flags up, they should have known better.

And - it?s not like they?re saying to remove the flags. They?re saying to fly smaller flags.
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have driven by the Flag and it is huge.

The city has an ordnance on flags, follow the law until you can get it changed.

On I95 they have a huge CSA Battel flag on private property on the North side of Cumberland County. Its about 100' tall pole and the flag is easy 20x30'. It makes me smile when I drive by it.
    RLTW

• Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long may she wave...

Stars and stripes forever.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam06 wrote:
    I have driven by the Flag and it is huge.

The city has an ordnance on flags, follow the law until you can get it changed.

On I95 they have a huge CSA Battel flag on private property on the North side of Cumberland County. Its about 100' tall pole and the flag is easy 20x30'. It makes me smile when I drive by it.
    Same thing here in Moorefield WV. Nice big CSA flag on private property right next to the highway. Purty!
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How tall is the flagpole in question?

"Statesville, N.C., officials say the U.S. flag at Gander RV is nearly twice the size of what is specified in city codes for ?signs and other outdoor marketing devices,? says WBTV"
    https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article230642404.html

Seems to me the City is in the wrong with this statement. Calling the flag of the USA a marketing device? Marketing FREEDOM is a crime?

Petition
    https://www.change.org/p/city-of-statesville-north-carolina-let-gander-rv-fly-the-american-flag