In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

seems awful cheap to me...

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
No dog in the fight, but with the scope and ammo it seems to be going cheap...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/813684871

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doesn't seem bad at all, and I love those old Redfields. 8-)
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He also has a gem mint Springfield armory P9 semiautomatic pistol with a bunch of extra mags that is in the mid $400's bid wise...

The ruger has exceptional wood - superior fit and finish...

Could it be a limited distributor edition or custom shop model???

The scope is worth about as much as the gun - again high quality piece...

That wood does not look standard to me at all...

And yes the ammo might bring $200.00 retail so what are we missing???

That Springfield is pretty rare - you just don't see them for sale and it's a wonderful platform and a beautiful piece - magazines are not exactly mass produced or cheap...

For the current prices I think both could be essentially stolen at this point - and flipped for a profit once fully researched - or provide the bidder with some high end guns for the price of much lesser quality platforms...

Color me confused - good observation.

Mike
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like a hell of a price. $100=$150.00+ for the scope? $150.00-$200.00+- ammo? yup, seems pretty cheap! Maybe some aggressive bidders will show up later.

He also has this:
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/813866211

For the life of me, I'll never understand how anyone would pay damn near double for a Citori or buy any other "entry level" 12 ga O/U when these are so far under valued! Made in Belgium and built to last several lifetimes, and then some........Nothing at all like shooting a quality Belgium made Superposed.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The superposed browning citori lightning with 28" over / under bbl has long been my favorite stacked double - they fit me well - the LOP is usually spot on - and they mount than point than swing with ease for me...

I have always had a hankering for a 28 gauge and I like the way the gun dismounts and snaps open ejecting or extracting the shells...

Price has usually been the primary factor that prevented my acquiring one.

For a duffer and casual trap and skeet shooter - for occasional pheasant or quail or ptarmigan or the odd mallard...

It's really to much gun for my needs but maybe someday...

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The superposed browning citori lightning with 28" over / under bbl has long been my favorite stacked double - they fit me well - the LOP is usually spot on - and they mount than point than swing with ease for me...

I have always had a hankering for a 28 gauge and I like the way the gun dismounts and snaps open ejecting or extracting the shells...

Price has usually been the primary factor that prevented my acquiring one.

For a duffer and casual trap and skeet shooter - for occasional pheasant or quail or ptarmigan or the odd mallard...

It's really to much gun for my needs but maybe someday...

Mike

Mike,
    Did you mean to put "and"/"or" between "The superposed browning citori lightning"? Because they are truly two different animals.....Citori, made in Japan. Superposed in Belgium. Apples and Oranges. ;)

If the opportunity ever presents itself, get a Belgium Superposed 28 gauge. They are a true dream to shoot! I hunt Pheasants with one, and it is a joy to carry and the Pheasants fear me. Mine is choked skeet/skeet and it's as deadly as can be! 8-)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The last time I shot the Grand - ATA championship I had the opportunity to try out a browning lightning with 28" bbl's in 16 gauge and a lutjic space gun in 20 gauge...

I chose the browning and did fairly well with it - but the 28 gauge variant makes my blood boil.

Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The last time I shot the Grand - ATA championship I had the opportunity to try out a browning lightning with 28" bbl's in 16 gauge and a lutjic space gun in 20 gauge...

I chose the browning and did fairly well with it - but the 28 gauge variant makes my blood boil.

Mike
    That would have been a Citori.
    Nice gun to shoot, but not a Superposed!
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the heads up.
    High bid with 2 hours to go.
    We'll see.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Outbid.
    I even upped my high bid but he wants it more than me.
    Still a great price and I'll kick myself later.