In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bad luck continues with truck drivers

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
A week ago in Rawlings WY while parked in a legal parking spot I get rolled out of bed. Once again, some poorly trained idiot in a truck has decided to ruin my night.

Kid was 21, been driving for 2 months and driving for a friend of his, had his trailer tandems all the way forward and never gave any thought as to the overhang and giant swing the rear of his trailer had. This is the second time I have had to rebuild this mirror, last year if you remember Swift knocked this same mirror off.

It took some arguing and getting the police invovled for the owner of the truck to cough up the money for the mirror, $475. I hope the scuff on the door buffs out.

foTVSKjl.jpg

4qdMOcel.jpg

qWvNhjol.jpg

Then 3 days later in Hamburg, PA once again parked in a legal parking spot minding my own business and doing paperwork I felt the truck lurch. This time a non english speaking brown fella with Texas plates on his truck planted the corner of his trailer into the side of mine. Scuffed a spot and broke a $20 light. I ruined my voice for no reason, I got out and screamed at this guy, temper got the best of me, I?m getting real tired of this crap. Turned out he no habla, wasted my time yelling since he had no clue what I was saying. Marched him inside the store, grabbed a new light and handed it to him and pointed at the cash register, he paid for it. I?m still pissed.

UNhISO3l.jpg

Bl5v2LUl.jpg

4Sbpt8Al.jpg

A while back a flatbed backed into a parking spot behind me, no idea how fast he was going but he bent the rear of my trailer and split the rubrail. He took off and never looked back, I had to backyard engineer the repair on that one. After using the pickup and a chain to yank the corner back out I bolted a 1/4? aluminum plate over the split. No pic since I?m not too proud of that repair.

About 6 months ago a friend of mine was in Dallas, TX driving a newly purchased classic Mercedes convertable. While in the gas station a Somali truckdriver ran over it and totaled it. The Somali had no insurance, cops told Eliot good luck getting paid for his car.

When does this end with these idiots in trucks? I?m ashamed to be in the same profession as a lot of these non driving goons. I started playing with trucks in 1988 and I have never hit anyone but over the course of my carreer in trucks I have been hit 12 times in parking lots. This crap is getting old.

Comments

• SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain but it all drivers these days. I own a concession business and have to park my truck in lots with other concession owners and others at events.

I bought a new truck two years ago. Already I have a dent in the rear bumper where someone backed into me hard enough to push it in. Also have the front bumper which is painted black with a big srcatch on it from someone who must have backed into it and kept going after they hit it.

Being away from the vehicle all day I can never catch anyone.
  • wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you were not injured and were able to catch the guilty parties. On the road it certainly is a heavy load. With new drivers and other inexperienced fools hitting the road. Its truely a ashphalt jungle out there.

Stay safe out there. Try to be patient with the fools. Remember many are democrats and dont know any better!
    "What is truth?'
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid we knew every trucker on the road was a "professional" driver.
    They knew what they were doing, would always stop to help, sometimes it may be necessary to sacrifice their rig or even themselves.

I see a lot of non-english speakers now. How is that? Or are they faking.

I was in the Walmart parking lot waiting for my wife when a "middle Eastern-looking fellow, in a semi, drove in and stopped. IN FRONT OF THE STORE!
    He got out, jabbering, running in circles, then disappeared (in the store?).

I moved to another lot in the mall to await my wife's call.

Then on the Interstate - don't get me started.
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Driving back and forth from Raleigh NC to Atlanta every month on I85 I have had a few close call with Truckers. Back in the old days it seamed the Truckers were safer to ba around than Cars, Now its the opposite. When the road narrows where they are working on 85 I stay away from the trucks. There are signs every 100 yds for Trucks to get in the left lane, maybe 1/2 of them do and if 2 get side by side forget it your going to be driving 40 MPH for ever.

Sorry for you Pain Its hard to believe that they run into you that often, its not like you are in a Miata.
    RLTW

• bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You don't drive for "Target", do you?

Get it? Get it?

Got a big target on the side of your truck?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least the driver put the warning sticker (photo #2) where you could see it :D . I feel your pain but there's nothing I can do but say, "don't let the temper get you in deep trouble" ;)

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    360 camera system :lol:
  • KenK/84BravoKenK/84Bravo Member Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheeit, you got off lucky.

Some of the lights we install are $80-$120 per pop.

Sorry Brother, I know that sheeit is irritating, beyond all get out.

Your luck, like mine - has got to turn around.
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sheeit, you got off lucky.

Some of the lights we install are $80-$120 per pop.

Sorry Brother, I know that sheeit is irritating, beyond all get out.

Your luck, like mine - has got to turn around.

I buy the cheaper LED lights from Loves truckstops, switched all the bottom lights to that style. I?ve seen the Spyder lights and others that go up in price and I just can?t justify them. I do want to upgrade all the upper lights but the cost is too damn much!
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya just got to get that * and red target painted over my friend.
  • mmppresmmppres Member Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with you these foreign drivers are all bad. I am on the road almost every weekend. Running back an forth to different gun shows. Most of them run interstate 80 which is really bad with them. Pa turn pike not so much. When the weather gets bad the real drivers keep going the bums are all lined up in the rest stops. I have no problem following the the good drivers.