In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Nikki Lauda 3X F1 champ dies at 70

WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-nikki-lauda-dies-20190520-story.html

His return to racing 6 weeks after the horrific crash that badly burned him is one of the greatest comebacks in any sport

The movie "Rush" was a rare racing movie worth watching even for those who don't like racing. Just a super story
3YUCmbB.jpg
"Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
Otto von Bismarck

Comments

• Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw that, really don't remember him racing, I kinda fell in and out of following F1, during the times he was "real' good. RIP though, he apparently good at what he did.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I remember the crash, but most of all I remember his comeback with McLaren and his winning the WDC in 1984. I flew on Lauda Air, his airline, a few times. Nikki will be missed by fans around the world.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    Rush was a good movie. Worth watching.
  • Options
    boogerbooger Member Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for this post, I hadn't heard. He was tough SOB and seemed to be a genuine guy. The movie Rush was phenomenal.