In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is this indoctrination or education????

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I have seen 2 articles in the news today about Drag Queens and school children.

This one here in NC
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/may/middle-school-celebrates-drag-queens-we-hope-the-children-listen

C&P
A North Carolina school invited two drag queens to talk to middle school students about the LGBTQ community and what it's like to be transgender.

Taylor Schmidt and Schara Brooks, two teachers at Central Park School for Children in Durham, North Carolina, told CNN they organized the event with school administrators because they believed LGBTQ students were being bullied.

"If we're going to be a school that's focused on equity and justice, and if we're going to be a school that believes in the act of liberation, we need to be creative with our approach," Schmidt said.

The other is in PA

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/february/drag-queen-annie-christ-causes-furor-at-library-story-hour

C&P
A drag queen whose name mocks Christianity caused an uproar with a drag queen story hour at a public library in Pennsylvania over the weekend.

It's partly because the person's stage name, "Annie Christ," sounds like anti-Christ.

The site of the story hour was at the Lansdale Public Library located in Montgomery County about 28 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Dozens of families brought their children to hear the drag queen's readings, according to 6abc.com.

This is from a pastor who was protesting the event in PA:

The LGBTQ agenda demands dominance and wants to silence those who would dare speak out on cultural issues. The public library is not a place for activism, and a children's story hour certainly isn't the place to push a confusing message delivered by a confused individual. The fact that we have even been forced to address such a matter as a storytime for children provided by men dressed in drag is a tragic commentary on our culture," he said.

I think I agree with the pastor and I am not a bible banger by a long shot, but this is a cultural failure and an attempt at indoctrination IMNSHO

What do you think
RLTW

Comments