In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Funeral on Friday

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,368 ******
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
I posted for prayers about 6 months ago for my brother Tom. Tom fought a valiant battle with cancer that ended last Thursday night when the Good Lord called him home. I have done my best to spend as much time with him these last months but sadly I missed being there at the very end. We were very close all of our lives together. He was just 66 years old and only 3 1\2 years my senior. An older brother who took me under his wing way back in those playground days, fending off the bullies and standing up for me through thick and thin.

Coming from a big family of 12 kids, Tom is the very first of us to go. He was married to his childhood sweetheart for just about 45 years, having 3 boys now grown. 10 grandkids that all loved their grandpa!

Sorry that I have not been quite myself these last few months. I seem to be constantly running life's reruns through my head. Very hard to say goodbye to one that has been my ROCK all of my life. I'm glad his suffering is over and know he is in a much better place, but his absence has already made quite a vacuum for me.

Comments